Amp under seat. Theft protection ideas w/ doors off - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Amp under seat. Theft protection ideas w/ doors off

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
JKU1868
2013 JK Wrangler 

Amp under seat. Theft protection ideas w/ doors off

Hey everybody,

I was curious as to whether anyone here with a sub amp installed under the driver's seat ever takes their doors off. If so, how do you keep your amp from getting stolen? I'm looking for good ideas on how to perhaps cover the gap between the seat and the floor... Maybe a rhino-lined 2x4 bolted down somehow? I'm low on ideas and want to take my doors off while the weather is still nice.

Thanks.

Unread 10-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKU1868 View Post
Hey everybody,

I was curious as to whether anyone here with a sub amp installed under the driver's seat ever takes their doors off. If so, how do you keep your amp from getting stolen? I'm looking for good ideas on how to perhaps cover the gap between the seat and the floor... Maybe a rhino-lined 2x4 bolted down somehow? I'm low on ideas and want to take my doors off while the weather is still nice.

Thanks.
Mount you amp elsewhere out of sight - then get a burned out amp and place under seat in plain sight and dummy wire it.

They will excitedly steal the trash and leave the good stuff behind... for more fun connect a mallory high energy coil to the trash amp and connect it to juice. As soon as they cut the wires the coil will fire and unload on the thief.
Unread 10-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
completenoob
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop View Post
... for more fun connect a mallory high energy coil to the trash amp and connect it to juice. As soon as they cut the wires the coil will fire and unload on the thief.
lol
completenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Or make a steel box to house the amp and bolt it to the floor. Drill holes in the box for the wiring and done. Though they might see it they wont be able take it.
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'd rig up some kind of metal framework that secures the amp to the floor by being bolted with the seat brackets. If they want your amp badly enough, they'll have to unbolt your entire front seat.
Unread 10-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #6
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Cover it with a hoodie

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #7
potten1

On eBay there under seat brackets made just for mounting under the driver or passenger seats. I own 2 that I had bed lined you can't even see it with the doors off. And the amp is up off the floor.
potten1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.