Almost bought my lift..... UGH help - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Almost bought my lift..... UGH help

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-18-2014, 09:33 AM   #31
grangerdw

For fox shocks... Has anyone here heard that you should run the 4-6" shocks on the front and the 1.5-3.5" on the rear? Something about droop and not limiting travel.....

This was the advice Northridge gave me when I bought my kit and I do not know enough decide if this is right for me.

Any help again, would be appreciated.

grangerdw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #32
Kyle08JK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grangerdw View Post
For fox shocks... Has anyone here heard that you should run the 4-6" shocks on the front and the 1.5-3.5" on the rear? Something about droop and not limiting travel.....

This was the advice Northridge gave me when I bought my kit and I do not know enough decide if this is right for me.

Any help again, would be appreciated.
I took that route. You really want to avoid turning your shocks into expensive limiting straps. You can increase/limit up travel easily, in most cases, but down travel must be increased with longer brake lines, shocks, control arms, etc.
Kyle08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 11:45 AM   #33
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

I have the AEV 2.5 DS w/ bilsteins and I recently put an ARB stubby and 8k winch. I ended up just taking my buddy's old .75" isolator spacers and it leveled it out again. I dont see the huge issue, you can always add a spacer if your wanting to keep the height. Im not even sure it was saggin enough to add the spacers, but thats what I would do on my other jeeps and it never was a problem.

The 2.5" rides really well, especially with the brackets. I had it without the brackets and then with them, its night and day. On the freeway is where it makes the most difference, on street rough roads its basically the same. But cruising is almost like a cadillac. No complaints here, and I almost have 25k miles on my kit. No issues with anything coming loose or strange sounds.. which is always a plus haha.

Not a bad choice for spending about under 1200 IMO

Unread 01-18-2014, 02:54 PM   #34
grangerdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle08JK View Post
I took that route. You really want to avoid turning your shocks into expensive limiting straps. You can increase/limit up travel easily, in most cases, but down travel must be increased with longer brake lines, shocks, control arms, etc.
Thanks Kyle, sounds like I did the right thing listening to them. Boxes are starting to arrive now. Hopefully up and running in 2 weeks.
Unread 01-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #35
grangerdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
I have the AEV 2.5 DS w/ bilsteins and I recently put an ARB stubby and 8k winch. I ended up just taking my buddy's old .75" isolator spacers and it leveled it out again. I dont see the huge issue, you can always add a spacer if your wanting to keep the height. Im not even sure it was saggin enough to add the spacers, but thats what I would do on my other jeeps and it never was a problem.

The 2.5" rides really well, especially with the brackets. I had it without the brackets and then with them, its night and day. On the freeway is where it makes the most difference, on street rough roads its basically the same. But cruising is almost like a cadillac. No complaints here, and I almost have 25k miles on my kit. No issues with anything coming loose or strange sounds.. which is always a plus haha.

Not a bad choice for spending about under 1200 IMO

Thank you for the feedback and your jeep looks great!

We're heading to the mountain tomorrow for a little snowboarding. Well, large hills. I am in Maryland.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.