all new wrangler threads are in here. - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > all new wrangler threads are in here.

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 01-05-2006, 11:54 PM   #76
letsroll
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brgmgb
snip .....
I do not know about the 3.8 V6, but I would think that it would not have as much low end torque. We have a heavy boat that we pull. The 4.0 TJ is able to get going at lower RPM's than our 3.7 V6 Liberty, so I would expect the higher torque to be at higher RPMs.
I too have a Lib 3.7 and TJ 4.0. I much prefer the 3.7 for pulling. I regularly pull with both and the Lib overshadows the TJ. The TJ pulls my ATVs on a 6x12 flat bed that weighs a total 1860 pounds. I can take the Lib and hook up my 6x12 Enclosed loaded with two motorcycles for a total of 3300 pounds and I will leave the TJ behind in starting and stopping. Same 3.73 gearing. I tow through the smokie mountains with the Lib and the TJ just ain't up to it!

I also wonder about that 3.8 in the new one. Have not heard anything about it.

letsroll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2006, 12:02 AM   #77
Poseidon17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootRubi
I would think that we will get much better pics next week. I am looking forward to seeing one up close, and I want to see it topless.
I'm also anxious to see it topless, it didn't say anything about the roll bar configuration, I'm assuming it hasn't changed at all. I don't know yet if I like the new wrangler, I think I'd warm up to it if I saw one up close. At first I thougt the new lights were strange, but I think they are an improvement. You can see they had the CJ in mind when they designed the front turn signals. I was surprised they made it even more boxy (sp?) Interior looks nice, I think it contrasts the exterior; while the exterior is squared off and boxy the interior seems more streamlined and sleek.
Unread 01-06-2006, 12:06 AM   #78
PJTJ

I agree topless would be great to see. I bet it looks pretty sharp with everything off.....
[B]35in MT/R's[/B] [B]Gale Banks Exhaust[/B], [B]Skyjacker Lift[/B]
[B]Poison Spyder Protection[/B], [B]Dana 44[/B]
[B]Detroit Locker[/B],[B]Alloy Shafts[/B],[B]Warn M8000[/B][/SIZE]
PJTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2006, 12:21 AM   #79
TTR_48

D44 front and back from the way they saay it on the rubi!

98 TJ SE 5 speed. *stock*
TTR_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2006, 01:23 AM   #80
ping65810

I kinda like it. Once I see it in person I'll probably like it a little more, but to me it is refined a lot. For now, I like how rudimentary my TJ is, but at some point I wouldn't mind driving one of those. My only concern is that there is too much plastic, and that maybe it isn't as durable as the TJ's are, since this is obviously marketed to a more refined audience.
Unread 01-06-2006, 05:03 AM   #81
PM Thor
Super Duper Guy

Location: Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour
I need to see one in person. And soon. I already had a dream about the TK last night.

I don't really understand how the side airbags are going to fit in this TK. Built into the seats? Into the roll bar? I gotta see this thing...

Last edited by PM Thor; 01-06-2006 at 05:14 AM..
PM Thor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2006, 05:53 AM   #82
kaketj
beef jerky and grease....

best topless one I could find? looks like the roll cage is pretty straight forward,no weird rear angles? can't wait!
the more I look at it it does look like the front(b pillar forward)of the gladiator,only not as flashy!
jeep3.jpg  
New toy. ZO6
kaketj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2006, 06:16 AM   #83
hoosier724
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I ask again, where is this magazine at and what's it called?

Honk if you love Jesus...text while driving if you want to meet him!
hoosier724 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2006, 07:12 AM   #84
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris
It kinda depresses me to think that I'm going to have an outdated Jeep, kinda takes the attention off of us, no?
Tell me about it... I have an '06! I can see my family saying, "Why didn't you wait?"

I'm very happy with what I have, it's basics, and all the options I have for it now...

Kind of does look like an H4, with more comforts.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2006, 07:16 AM   #85
KY TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie
Tell me about it... I have an '06! I can see my family saying, "Why didn't you wait?"

I'm very happy with what I have, it's basics, and all the options I have for it now...

Kind of does look like an H4, with more comforts.
Hell, I'll give ya props for NOT waiting. I'd take your 06' 10 times b4 I'd drive that pig.
Unread 01-06-2006, 07:33 AM   #86
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The bumpers look bigger. It looks like it's got a lot more plastic to show scuffs, etc.

And no putting on end caps on the front bumper, lol! (I just ordered for mine!)

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2006, 07:43 AM   #87
Jeepin' Rock Cl
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Just remember, the Jeep has a history of puttling lots of bugs into the first model year. I'd wait for 2008 if I was going to get one.
Jeepin' Rock Cl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2006, 07:47 AM   #88
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Wait a second, I thought Dana wasn't supplying the next generation axles?
Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2006, 08:04 AM   #89
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

They ARE supplying the axles.

As for electronics, I think cleaning out the inside will be tougher, but it is VERY hard to tell from those pics.

Looks like a subwoofer up in the dash, next to the passenger door. May be a sign of more storage space?

I think I'd work to seal up the electronics as good as possible before taking it offroad, that's for sure.

I can see me now at the dealership. "I want to try taking the doors off. I want to take the top off. I want to see the swaybars disconnect..." I'll drive em nuts. heheh

Glad I finally made a post that people have read.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2006, 08:31 AM   #90
Rommel
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Noticed this on the Jeepsunlimited forum:

Quote:
Now that MPH has given a sneak peek at the 07 Wrangler, we'd like to give you the full boat.

At 12:01 a.m. Monday, January 9 (late Sunday night), the moment the media embargo is lifted, J Rations will publish an in-depth first look at the 2007 Wrangler. We'll have all the photos, specifications and more on this newest incarnation of the Jeep Wrangler. So, mark your calendars to join us in the J Web on January 9:

http://jweb.jrations.com/landing_web.php

Hope we see you there!
-Romm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.