all new wrangler threads are in here. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > all new wrangler threads are in here.

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdPoison Spyder JK LED Taillight Wiring HarnessZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-05-2006, 05:17 PM   #31
ColoradoTJ
2012 JK Wrangler 

So how long 'till Jeeperman will come out with some rockers and bumpers for this bad boy?

Colorado Jeep Club Member #60

My Jeep

"If we weren't all crazy we would go insane" J.B.
ColoradoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2006, 05:20 PM   #32
drummerwookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ
Not bad.

The elec-disco front sway bar would be nice.

I don't know what to say about the power windows.
im in the exact position you are.......i would live to have the electric front discos, but im not sure about the power windows

ill have to go check one out later this year and drive one and see how that engine feels........altho. doesnt the libby have a 3.7 liter??...just wondering bc i was always told the new wrangler was going to have the libbys engine, but this wrangler has a 3.8

gone, but never forgotten: 2006 rubicon, 1998 ZJ, 1995 YJ 4.0

metalhead jeep club #4
drummerwookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2006, 05:41 PM   #33
warsw

tttttttttttttttt

Last edited by warsw; 12-06-2009 at 08:39 PM..
warsw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2006, 05:44 PM   #34
hoosier724
2003 TJ Wrangler 

so where can I get this magazine?

Honk if you love Jesus...text while driving if you want to meet him!
hoosier724 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2006, 05:49 PM   #35
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm relieved. And happy. I like it. I wonder if this is info that is now "set in stone" or just "feeler" stuff being leaked out.
CNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2006, 05:52 PM   #36
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepXJ00
Still trying to push the city slickers. 18" rims with Sahara. Yuck.
Put them on Ebay for people who regret getting the non-Sahara version, replace them with 17" Rockmonster beadlocks and some 35" tires and a lift and call it good.

I think I'd be interested in a 4 door Hemi version, but I wouldn't trade the TJ for one. I wouldn't trade the TJ for anything right now. It would have to be a second vehicle, hence the 4 door V8 wouldn't be so similar.

I think body armour isn't going to be cheap on this one... lots of gentle compound curves... Will we see stamped corner guards?

I'm definitely interested in what the aftermarket does with the '07 one... but with sooooooooo much available for the TJ in the aftermarket, I won't be getting rid of it for a lonnnng time.
Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2006, 06:09 PM   #37
konger8
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I hope this is not a photochop. I like it over all except for the rear brake lights. Iam curious as seen on the first page of the MPH Magazine it say" ESP system has 3 modes:full on, full off and partial on", can someone explain what they mean?

Last edited by konger8; 01-05-2006 at 06:23 PM..
konger8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2006, 06:11 PM   #38
bfr
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would think that we will get much better pics next week. I am looking forward to seeing one up close, and I want to see it topless.

Last edited by bfr; 01-05-2006 at 06:23 PM..
bfr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2006, 06:24 PM   #39
BluesMan
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hard to decide with pictures, but so far I really like the look!
I definately am interested!
Unread 01-05-2006, 06:27 PM   #40
06slvrrubi
Lovin' Life

2006 TJ Wrangler 

ESP is Chrysler's "Electronic Stability Program". It's basically traction control. It senses wheel spin, as well as things like body roll and yaw, and applies the brakes automatically to help "control" your vehicle.
06slvrrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2006, 06:30 PM   #41
06slvrrubi
Lovin' Life

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Something doesn't add up lookin at the picture on page two of this thread. Look at the pic that shows the back end and look at the taillights. Look at the driver's side light and see how it seems to "extend" past the body a bit. In other pics, you can actually see the driver's side light sticking out past the body. Now look at the passenger's side light. It stops noticebly before the edge of the body, it doesn't stick out past the body at all. Am I just nuts, or is there really something just a bit off here?
06slvrrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2006, 06:39 PM   #42
kearns
2000 TJ Wrangler 

it looks as though the lights are flush with the side of the body, and that's just the angle messing with ya. you can see the drivers side light on the sideshot photo as well. I don't like 'em, i think they should have been round like every other light on it.
kearns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2006, 06:41 PM   #43
konger8
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85fiero
Something doesn't add up lookin at the picture on page two of this thread. Look at the pic that shows the back end and look at the taillights. Look at the driver's side light and see how it seems to "extend" past the body a bit. In other pics, you can actually see the driver's side light sticking out past the body. Now look at the passenger's side light. It stops noticebly before the edge of the body, it doesn't stick out past the body at all. Am I just nuts, or is there really something just a bit off here?
Thanks for the ESP info.

Thats what thought about the rears lights also. I questioned if this was a photochop. Iam with you on this. I say SHANIGUINS
konger8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2006, 07:02 PM   #44
TJ-Tera
1998 TJ Wrangler 

wow I love it...a great compromise between new technology and keeping the Jeep functional and true to it's heritage.
TJ-Tera is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2006, 07:08 PM   #45
ONX
1986 XJ Cherokee 

I like the look but I reservations about all of the electronic stuff (cept for the electro discos) it would make me antsy when I take it for a swim. I think electronic stuff should be optional for the rubicon since its meant for the trail. All in all better than I expected. They didnt go overboard with the electronics (just to much for me) it still looks to be trail worthy. Aftermarket is definatly going to take longer than with the TJ's.
ONX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.