Alignment issues can U help? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Alignment issues can U help?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 11-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
HAFICON

2012 JK Wrangler 

Alignment issues can U help?

So I just had my 3rd alignment in 6 months done and it still is not right. The Jeep tracks fine but the Adjustable Track bar just is not right. I specifically asked each time and was assured it would be right. But the jeep turns a lot sharper to the left than the right and the tire also scrubs when at full lock when turning left. Prior to the install of the Adj. Track bar & Adjust. Front control arms the tire did not rub. And the turning was fine.

Can anyone offer any input. I am going to adjust the Track Bar to make it right but will it need to be re aligned if I adjust the track bar?

Thanks
James

4.88's and TNT truss.
My build thus far.
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/blues-jeep-build-lots-pictures-1509366/[/url]
HAFICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
Dealer24028

How far off was the first alignment, directly after the track bar was installed, before any adjustments?
Dealer24028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
Dealer24028

specifically the front toe and steer-ahead angles.
Dealer24028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Do you have an aftermarket SS? If that is not adjusted correctly it will change the amount of steering input you can do.

Also its really easy to set the trackbar yourself. Unhook the axle side and push and pull on the jeep. Then just adjust the trackbar so that the bolt fits the best. You dont need a new alignment to get a track bar.
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #5
duneslider
2007 JK Wrangler 

Trackbar will do nothing to change your alignment, it could change your steering wheel being centered but that is it. You can recenter your steering wheel very easy.

Where are you rubbing on turns? Are your tires wider than stock? Maybe its just an issue with your steering stops not being adjusted correctly.
duneslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #6
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLOUXJ View Post
Do you have an aftermarket SS? If that is not adjusted correctly it will change the amount of steering input you can do...
I would check this too. The shaft on the SS must be centered within the shock with the wheels straight on the Jeep. Itís easy to overlook but a very important step to avoid differences in turning radiuses.
1222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #7
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post

I would check this too. The shaft on the SS must be centered within the shock with the wheels straight on the Jeep. It’s easy to overlook but a very important step to avoid differences in turning radiuses.
You also run the risk of blowing the seals if it overextends or over compresses.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #8
HAFICON

2012 JK Wrangler 

Ok I am going I try to answer all replies in on post. Thank you all for the input.

I have the sheet for the adjustment will have to find it. Yes I have and aftermarket steering stabilizer installed it has been on of a about 6 months with zero issues after install. Also the wheel an tire combo has been installed for about 8k miles with zero scrubbing issues. I am certain the axle is a little off center but the tire rubbed on the front lower control arm (Rock Krawler). I did not know that about the SS being centered and all goo info thanks a lot. I am going to check it. I can re enter my wheel should it need it done it a few times already.

Again thanks to all.
4.88's and TNT truss.
My build thus far.
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/blues-jeep-build-lots-pictures-1509366/[/url]
HAFICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 04:51 AM   #9
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Also who is doing your alignment? Lots of standard shops don't get it right by just hooking it up to a machine. They may try to get the jeep back into stock settings but if you changed alot of things in your suspension it doesnt always add up right. Had this problem with acouple shops until I found one that dealt with off-road vehicles almost entirely. Was alittle bit more expensive but way worth it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.