Airbag wiring/Seatbelt pretensioner part identification - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Airbag wiring/Seatbelt pretensioner part identification

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 09-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
nufga
2010 JK Wrangler 

Airbag wiring/Seatbelt pretensioner part identification

I gutted my 2010 2D JK (with side airbags) a little under a year ago to monstaline the interior. When removing the seats and seat belts, I disconnected the battery and waited the required time before disconnecting the side airbag harnesses.

Despite everything, my airbag warning light still fired up on the dash once the job was done. I retraced my steps and discovered that the airbag wiring that triggers the seat belt pretensioner was ripped from its' harness (pictures attached). It appears that the tear is too flush with the harness base to be reattached via a soldering job.

My question: where can I find the replacement part to reattach the side airbag wiring to the pretensioner?

The yellow wiring that I'm holding is normally attached to the yellow bit at the base of the seat belt pretensioner:

Closer look of the wiring and the base from which it ripped. As you can see there's no opportunity to strip & crimp/solder anything together:

Below is the same yellow base, I popped it out of the pretensioner, shown to the left. I considered hardwiring the wires to the two prongs but felt the connection would not be secure/watertight/etc:

Sorry it's so long just wanted to answer potential questions up front.

tl;dr: yellow airbag wire was torn from harness base and now I have an airbag warning light. Where can I replace this part?

nufga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
nufga
2010 JK Wrangler 

I believe the part in question is pictured below, it is called the "SEAT BELT-RETRACTOR TENSIONER-PASSENGER - YELLOW (BODY) 2 WAY"

Unfortunately, the part appears to be unavailable based on this site, which I used to find it:
http://dto.vftis.com/mopar/main.asp

Does this mean a dead end for me? Is there any recourse for obtaining this part?

I also noticed that the following product is available from MOPAR:
"WIRING. Left. Seat. . Export, Side air bag." - #68003066AA moparpartsoverstock.com (site)

Although it includes more than I need, it appears the wiring on the bottom left might include the unavailable "SEAT BELT-RETRACTOR TENSIONER-PASSENGER - YELLOW (BODY) 2 WAY" connector. Is anyone aware of where I might be able to find more detail? Can anyone confirm if this item is the part I need?

Thanks again for anyone taking the time to read this post.
nufga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
pulmano1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Did you find a fix for this?
pulmano1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.