Airbag Light (dash) is on. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Airbag Light (dash) is on.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #1
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Airbag Light (dash) is on.

Today my airbag light started to come on. I'm not sure why, it just started today. I'll drive for about 15 minutes and it'll come on in the DASH and the usual light that comes on when someone under 80lbs sits on the seat. It lights up in two spots, do I need to go to the dealer? It comes on after a certain amount of miles it seems... ideas?

I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
drewmatika

Not exactly sure but check the connection of the wires at the airbag module.
drewmatika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2009, 05:16 AM   #3
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

I haven't done that, before I mess with the dealer I'll do that. They hate me by now. Made them fix my rear seat, leaking soft top four times, hehe..
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
Unread 05-13-2009, 05:20 AM   #4
FC2TurboMSS
2008 JK Wrangler 

There's an electronic connector that goes to your seatbelt ratchet mechanism. Its for the pyrotechnical device in the seatbelt. Make sure this is securely plugged into the seatbelt.
I wiped out my seatbelt ratchet in some mud and replaced it with an aftermarket that doesn't have the pyrotechnics. My airbag light is on all the time now.
The connection should be under your carpet or under the door sill somewhere. Unplug it, and replug it in, then turn the rig back on and see if it clears. Otherwise, I'd go to the dealer with it.
"The World was large, now it is small. It was lonely, now it is crowded. It was dark, now the lights are on. Some day the old will be new again. Keep your guns close but your sword closer. For one day Man will again fear the dark of the World."
--The Zombie Prophet
FC2TurboMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2009, 06:25 AM   #5
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC2TurboMSS View Post
There's an electronic connector that goes to your seatbelt ratchet mechanism. Its for the pyrotechnical device in the seatbelt. Make sure this is securely plugged into the seatbelt.
I wiped out my seatbelt ratchet in some mud and replaced it with an aftermarket that doesn't have the pyrotechnics. My airbag light is on all the time now.
The connection should be under your carpet or under the door sill somewhere. Unplug it, and replug it in, then turn the rig back on and see if it clears. Otherwise, I'd go to the dealer with it.
Will do. I don't have carpet, so it's exposed. I need to find a way to waterproof this stuff ^_^

---
Quote:
Unread 05-13-2009, 06:36 AM   #6
rlabbott
2012 WK 

Mine was caused by 'clockspring'

My airbag light was caused by the clockspring going bad. The clockspring, in case you're not familiar (as I wasn't), is a thin bundle of wires in your steering column that carries signals from the turning, to the non-turning parts of your steering wheel. When the clockspring is bad, the signal that tells your OBD computer the steering wheel angle and the status of the airbag module can fail.

Mine was fixed in 30 minutes by the good dealer I deal with 40 minutes from my house.
rlabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2009, 06:57 AM   #7
JHamer85
2007 JK Wrangler 

i've had the airbag lights on numerous times. sometimes it fixes itself after a few days if i can't get to the dealer right away. i've noticed it come on more frequently after a rain if my doors are off, but then goes away after a few days. i'm assuming it gets wet and dries out
2007 rescue green Rubicon 2 door | 2.5" Teraflex coil lift | MOPAR tail light guards | Primal Effects tusks | Black headlight "bezels" | teeth painted on grille | Rugged Ridge front skid plate | Rancho oil pan skid plate | Skid Row evap canister skid plate
JHamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2009, 07:09 AM   #8
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

Mine came on once when my back seat was folded down and pusshing hard against the rear of the passenger seat. Scooted the passenger seat forward a couple of inches and it solved my problem.
ge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #9
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2 View Post
Mine came on once when my back seat was folded down and pusshing hard against the rear of the passenger seat. Scooted the passenger seat forward a couple of inches and it solved my problem.
This is actually interesting. I have a CAR SEAT right behind that seat. I bet 100% that it has to do with that car seat up against it..

---
Quote:
Unread 05-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #10
cjapgar

1994 YJ Wrangler 

what is this air bag contraption you are talking about
()_)-()_)--o-)_)

Bacon is meat candy!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
cjapgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2009, 07:10 PM   #11
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjapgar View Post
what is this air bag contraption you are talking about
When you get stuck, you press a button and it pops up from underneath and rolls underneath the Jeep and moves you until you're unstuck. I love my JK Then it pops when it sees those fugly square headlights

(messin with you )

---
Quote:
Unread 05-14-2009, 07:53 PM   #12
BiGEN
2007 JK Wrangler 

u know the funny thing.. i was driving down the road and saw a buddy of mine so i honked the horn.. then my air bag light came on.. the weirdest thing thats ever... o well.. it went off when i restarted the jeep.. lol

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
BiGEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #13
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

It hasn't come on, so I assume it was that car seat. And BiGEN, my airbag light came on two other times. Once you restart, it goes away... I guess its just buggy?

---
Quote:
Unread 05-15-2009, 10:16 AM   #14
ElPaso2007
2007 JK Wrangler 

This happened to me after I found a bottle of water under the passenger seat and had to wiggle it out (it was a large bottle). I think I disturbed some wiring for the weight sensor that detects whether or not you have passenger or not. I reached over and pressed down hard on the passenger seat about 1/3 of the way from front to back, and the light went out after about 5 seconds. I plan to get down there this weekend and see what I can see, but I've no doubt it's that sensor in the passenger seat since the light always goes out and stays out once I reach over and press the seat. Once I stop and restart it comes back until I do it again.
ElPaso2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #15
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexico2007 View Post
This happened to me after I found a bottle of water under the passenger seat and had to wiggle it out (it was a large bottle). I think I disturbed some wiring for the weight sensor that detects whether or not you have passenger or not. I reached over and pressed down hard on the passenger seat about 1/3 of the way from front to back, and the light went out after about 5 seconds. I plan to get down there this weekend and see what I can see, but I've no doubt it's that sensor in the passenger seat since the light always goes out and stays out once I reach over and press the seat. Once I stop and restart it comes back until I do it again.
Mine was doing quite the opposite. It was coming on as I was driving for about 10-15 minutes. I'd shut down, restart, it was off. I guess the car seat was causing the issue.

---
Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.