Airbag light on! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Airbag light on!

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-06-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
BubbaKelb
2009 JK Wrangler 

Airbag light on!

My airbag indicator light keeps going on while driving, stays on for awhile, turns off, then comes back on? Anyone else having a similar issue? 2007 Rubicon Unlimited w/ side impact airbags 2450 miles.

BubbaKelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2007, 10:16 AM   #2
Automatic Otto
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm having the exact same problem. It first came on last Saturday, then it was off all week until this morning, when it came back on. I called the dealer, they can't fit me in until next Saturday, but he said it wasn't anything to be concerned about.
Automatic Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
Hilljack27
2000 TJ Wrangler 

same thing is going on in my 2000 tj but it doesn't come on as often as you guys but it still comes on and stays on for the day
33" x 12.5" Mud Terrains
Aggressive style but a practical everyday driver.
Hilljack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2007, 11:55 AM   #4
BeerMonkeY
2007 JK Wrangler 

make sure theres nothing on the seat or jammed under the seat
Unread 07-06-2007, 02:48 PM   #5
BubbaKelb
2009 JK Wrangler 

Nothing is jammed under the seats or sitting on the seat. It happens both when there is a passenger and when there is not.
BubbaKelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2007, 03:32 PM   #6
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

My air bag light comes on when I use my ham radio and I am running 100-500 watts, actually depending on the frequency it sometimes kicks on all the dash lights and the warning chimes go off also

I gotta take care of that one of these days

So I just thought I would see if you are using any CB or ham radios or maybe while using a cell phone?

IT'S A JEEP THING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraexplorer
Thanks, if it is that good than I'm sure that they can't sell it in California. Everything else is illegal in this state except the illegalsl
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 12:36 AM   #7
JK Unlimited
2007 JK Wrangler 

So what was the cause?
JK Unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 11:57 AM   #8
mountravlr

It happened to me too. The passenger seat belt light came on and the chime sounded, and nothing under the seat or on it. It happened for 2 days and quit so far.....
mountravlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 12:47 PM   #9
EvilM0nkey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure how jeep does it. But in a Honda with side airbags there is a seat position sensor that monitors occupants and how they are sitting. If someone is leaning on the door, slouching, or too light the SIDE airbag will turn off and an indicator light will come on.
The same is true ON BOTHwith seat covers (NO VEHICLE WITH SIDE AIRBAGS SHOULD HAVE AFTERMARKET SEAT COVERS!!!!) and electronics such as ham radios and laptops
EvilM0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 02:21 PM   #10
JK Unlimited
2007 JK Wrangler 

My light was staying on last night and this morning but at lunch time today it was off. Dealer says I should still have them checked.
Unread 08-31-2007, 08:32 AM   #11
JK Unlimited
2007 JK Wrangler 

Well I got news from the dealer about mine. The side airbag senor on the drivers side went bad. Getting part today and it will be fixed.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.