Airbag Alarm - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Airbag Alarm

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Airbag Alarm

Hello! It's been awhile since I've posted ()..

Recently, while randomly driving down the highway, my Airbag alarm came on.. and than off, than on.. over and over. I did the usual checks, based on research, it does not appear to be a clockspring - the horn and other functions work when the light is on/off. Also, at this point, the light stays on longer but it still shuts off.

I feel that is a connector, but I can't seem to.. find anything. In the 2010 models, only the DRIVER seat has the airbag sensor. I'm thinking there's two things possibly wrong

-- Connection is corroded
-- Sensor is bad

I'm hoping it's #1.. Is there anything I can to fix this without going to the costly dealer?

I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I have no idea what’s wrong but if I were you I would keep my head out of the line of fire when messing with anything to do with air bags. It could be fatal in certain circumstances. Ideally unhook your battery cables about 20 minutes or so before working on it.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
I have no idea what’s wrong but if I were you I would keep my head out of the line of fire when messing with anything to do with air bags. It could be fatal in certain circumstances. Ideally unhook your battery cables about 20 minutes or so before working on it.
Yep, yep. Already aware of that - I think the fix should be greasing up the connector if I can find it!
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
Unread 10-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Not only is that a good idea to keep it from deploying for some stupid, unforeseen reason, it's also the first thing I'd do to see if it clears.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

^^^ Good point.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
jrmars07
2010 JK Wrangler 

Clockspring an issue in this case?
Tera Front Lower Controls Arms, Rear Upper Control Arms, Synergy HD Balljoints
Tom Woods 1310 Driveshafts
33" KM2's on ProComp 7069 16x8's
Superchips Flashpaq
AEV Premium Front Bumper, IPF 900XSD Lights, Warn 9.5ti w/ Synthetic Line
AEV Rear Bumper, Tuffy Security Deck
D30 Front Sleeved and Gusseted, RCV's, ARB Locked
4.88 G2 Gears
D44 Rear ARB Locked, Chromoly Shafts[/CENTER]
jrmars07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #7
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

From my testing, it does not appear to the clockspring. It randomly happened, and nothing was wet or damp. The horn works, along with all the normal functions. I'm wondering if it's something in my seat. I just can't seem to find the connector to grease it up or tighten it.

---
Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.