Air Dam Template -

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 11-16-2015, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
2015 JK Wrangler 
Air Dam Template

I recently installed the Draw-Tite 65055 Front Receiver on my 2015 and I reinstalled the lower air-dam. Looking at the Installation Instructions online, I decided to use the "optional" cut-out dimensions.
The total size of the top surface of the "T" cut-out is; 7" Wide (across the top) X 1-5/8". The width of the cut-out (to fit over the receiver tongue) is, 2-9/16" Wide X 2", therefore the total size of the T = 7" W X 3-5/8" Tall.
The width of the two openings shown for clearance of the bolts on the "lip" of the air-dam is; 2-1/16" Wide. Make a cardboard T template and tape it to the outside (against the lip) and follow air-dam's curve and trace the outline of the "T" template onto the air-dam using a scribe or a fine point white marking pencil.
I did not have the proper tools for cutting the plastic air-dam, and I ordered a; SHARK-SAW Series PULLSAW Plastic Pipe Saw, which must be "pulled" to cut to obtain a smooth cut. Caution! The teeth bite plastic like a bear! The combination of plenty of patience and careful use of the saw and a utility knife, the cut-outs fit perfect. NOTE: This template is only for the Draw-Tite hitch because other manufacturers have a different type of support structure attached to the tongue of the receiver.
Good Luck!

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 11-17-2015, 10:21 AM
Accidental Obfuscator
2011 JK Wrangler 
Awesome thanks. I did a hitch on the 12 sport and trimmed it in with a large pair of offset tin snips, a hacksaw blade in a dry wall saw handle and LOTS of patience and relief cuts...

When I trimmed in my fender liners I found that my skill hand held jigsaw worked awesome - I just taped and cut to the tape.

J Wm Bishop EA, ASADE
The wagon should, of course, be as light as possible, but strength should not be sacrificed to lightness, for on any but the regularly traveled roads, the wagon will get many a hard knock...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.