Air bag light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Air bag light

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-15-2010, 07:01 AM   #1
bassin
2007 JK Wrangler 

Air bag light

Has anyone had trouble with the Air Bag warning light on the dash coming on for no reason. Took it to the dealer three weeks ago and they supposedly fixed the problem, NOT. Anyway to totally disconnect it light and all or just let the dealer worry with fixin it. It only comes on when no one is in the passenger seat.

bassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
FC2TurboMSS
2008 JK Wrangler 

If you disconnect the electrical connector going to your passenger seatbelt assembly, you will get this light on your dash. I'm not sure about the driver's side, but I would assume the same for there too.

Check to make sure that connector is secure, as well as the wires that go into both halves. This connector is for the pyrotech device in your seatbelt and if its not hooked up, it gives that "airbag" alarm.

I have an aftermarket seatbelt on the passenger side and this light is lit on my dash all the time as there is not pyro device in my aftermarket seatbelt. I have not figured out if you can jumper the plug or insert a resistor anywhere to "cheat" the dash light. I'm afraid to just arbitrarily try something for fear of shorting out the computer or something.

Hope this helps.
"The World was large, now it is small. It was lonely, now it is crowded. It was dark, now the lights are on. Some day the old will be new again. Keep your guns close but your sword closer. For one day Man will again fear the dark of the World."
--The Zombie Prophet
FC2TurboMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
skiro98
2007 JK Wrangler 

Strange...I just called the dealer today to get mine looked at for this problem.

He says if something under 90(?) pounds is in the front seat that the light will come on. If it is always in that front seat then the light will think something is wrong and eventually stay on.

Well my daughter is in that seat quite a bit and she is under 90 pounds. So I guess it just needs to be recalibrated.

...at least thats what I was told.
skiro98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
FC2TurboMSS
2008 JK Wrangler 

that could very well be the issue...i was just giving you the reason mine is on...lol
FC2TurboMSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.