Aftermarket Sources - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Aftermarket Sources

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-30-2013, 04:51 AM   #1
AeroE
2014 JK Wrangler 

Aftermarket Sources

Hey everyone, I've been out of the Jeep game for 7 years (drove a Ram 1500 for 4 years and have been living out of the country for 3) so I'm a little new to JKs and what's out there now. I just put a down payment on a basic model 2014 JKU and was wondering where you guys go to surf for aftermarket goodies. I remember drooling over my Quadratec catalog when it would come in, but I'm sure there's a better way to find quality products now.

Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable.
LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN
AeroE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
insaneinline
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well I'm still drooling over my quadratec catalog that's one place I look for parts if I see something I like I will google it to see if I can get it cheaper somewhere on the web

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
insaneinline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Q'Tec, here on JF, General 4X4 and Jeep Mags.

Find the parts you want and then research for the best deal. There are a bunch of vendors here on JF. I will choose to support a smaller business when possible. I did a lot of ordering with Jason at KrawlOff-road. Great experience and prices.
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:49 AM   #4
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I prefer to support smaller shops. Both have excellent customer service. Then If they don't have it Quadratec

David and team at Northridge 4x4. http://www.northridge4x4.com/

Jason and team at Krawl off-road. http://www.krawloff-road.com/

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #5
rayder1

What the other folks said . Support small businesses whenever possible. If you see something you like, at a price you like, show them. Most will work with you plus expert install if needed ( with install warrantee).

If they don't work with you....say thank you and share that you will go to a place that will. Competition is what keeps good shops going. When they are good to people, people share positive feedback. When they are crappy to you....same. As a small business owner, you can't stay in the game if you are crappy to people.
rayder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #6
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Northridge4x4 is the only place I shop. Excellent service, free shipping, discounts for Jeep members. I haven't found better prices.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #7
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ive tried to use some of these sites to find a specific wheel (ION Style 71, 16x8 5x5 bolt), but to no avail. Is ION able to be reached directly? I cant find this size anywhere for this style
Unread 06-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #8
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeitsleazy View Post
Ive tried to use some of these sites to find a specific wheel (ION Style 71, 16x8 5x5 bolt), but to no avail. Is ION able to be reached directly? I cant find this size anywhere for this style
I know some of the vendors do not have every product on their site that they can get. Best way is to call them up.
Unread 06-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #9
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Do a search for "ion wheel 71" on google, I just got tons of hits, including Quadratec.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #10
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yes, I have no problem finding the style, but that size in particular is hard to find. Might have some issues seeing as I'm using google UK, though. Thanks for the tip, HOAKIE
Unread 07-01-2013, 05:01 AM   #11
Rtone1583
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeitsleazy View Post
Yes, I have no problem finding the style, but that size in particular is hard to find. Might have some issues seeing as I'm using google UK, though. Thanks for the tip, HOAKIE
I'd be willing to bet that they just don't make them in that particular size.

I couldn't even find that many places that sell the 71 series to begin with let alone your size.
Rtone1583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #12
Lynhalla

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
I prefer to support smaller shops. Both have excellent customer service. Then If they don't have it Quadratec

David and team at Northridge 4x4. http://www.northridge4x4.com/

Jason and team at Krawl off-road. http://www.krawloff-road.com/
X2
A lot of vendors will also list things on ebay and offer free shipping. I have had great success getting stuff there.
RIPP stage 2 SC, Teraflex 6" lift, 37x13.5x18 Toyo OC MT, American Racing artillary wheels, Teraflex monster control arm, Teraflex drag link flip kit, Currie control arms, EVO axle sleeves and gussets, Fox 2.0 shocks, Tom Woods drive shafts, Eaton E-lockers front and rear, G2 5:13 gears, Synergy suspension tie rod and ball joints, synergy suspension sway bar disconnects, RR XHD front bumper, RR muffler and evap cannister skid plate, Body armor rear bumper and tire carrier, Nemesis tub armor and billy rockers, Bushwacker flat fender flares, mastercraft baja seats with corbeau 3 point harness, Warn 8000 winch, rigid LED lights, sprint booster throttle response module, spec stage 2+ clutch
Lynhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #13
AeroE
2014 JK Wrangler 

Thanks everyone, I'll start at those sites and see where I end up.
Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable.
LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN
AeroE is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.