After 2.5" Lift Damage control, question... - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > After 2.5" Lift Damage control, question...

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #46
J3PH3RY_J33P
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy18

the front axle will shift to driver and it will depend on how much actual lift height you got from the kit. actual lift height can vary depending your vehicle weight and the springs you had before the lift, etc. I would say this is in the normal range but I would bet you gained a little more than 2.5''s. if it was me, i would just go ahead and order an adjustable front track bar and set it properly to center the axle, recenter the steering wheel and be done with it. I would stay away from front track bar drop brackets as you would be adding stress to an already week frame side mount.
X2
I had a 3.25" front spacer thing goin on for a year while I saved for Synergy front components (- their 3" front coils actually set my front @ 3.75-3.85" , we can call it a short 4" ) & mine shifted , naturally , an understandable .80 inch further out in drivers side : I got the adjustable HD track bar from RuggedRidge and it's taken me to .15 of an inch or less of standout on driver's side now . It being cheap , I was able to get Synergy stab relocation kit and a King stabilizer and my steering is like a Cadillac's .
pay for the adjustable TB of your choice and move the axle or just deal - lifting the thing makes that happen unless planned for and compensation incorporated into your build

via iPhone JeepForum (so I'm sorry about the spelling & grammar mistakes!)

2011 JKU Sahara | 3" Synergy Suspension Levl II lift | Bilstein 5100's | Synergy Hi-mount relocation + King Racing 2.0 stabilizer (10") | RockRidge LED taillight armor kit| KCs on 3 tab lightbar |315/75r16 Cooper STT |16"x8.5" Level 8 Strike 5 |AEF CAI| Dynomax pre-axle dump| Poly Perf hood louvers|'C's gusseted | MORE engine-oil skid|
J3PH3RY_J33P is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #47
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Insane. I beefed up the front axle support with some gussets I added.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #48
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3PH3RY_J33P View Post
my steering is like a Cadillac's .
You can slalom the lane reflectors at 70?

Or did you mean 57 Cadillac with a loose left ball joint?
Unread 09-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #49
J3PH3RY_J33P
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop
You can slalom the lane reflectors at 70?

Or did you mean 57 Cadillac with a loose left ball joint?
haha
I will concur that it isn't skirting thru the passing-lane's broken /dashed line at 70mph ; it is every bit as solid as the 2.5" AEF kit equipped ( w/ the control arm lowering brackets and high steer kit ) 4door JKU I've driven and torn around some open asphalt with and ths is before I install the Synergy track bar raising kit on front and rear that is my next targeted mod . I just crawled it up a "scale 4" trail in Alabama (Wooly's Off Road Park's - " Cowskull") last weekend and this weekend with nothing setup different I averaged 17.5-18.5 mpg + 80-90mph down I-24 to I-75 between Nashville to Atlanta w/ the wife and kids . I provide this little comparative scenario so that it can attest to the variance I've been able to obtain as a balance between daily driver ( family truckster ) and serious off-road machine that will be going to Moab this coming spring for the annual Easter Jeep gathering .
So , when I say it drives like a Cadillac , I mean I can hold it w/ a single finger and maintain a straight line at either high speed road travel or the line up a hill that's considered quite more than an average challenge for its broken granite and limestone makeup. I freaking love my JK . Setup right and they are amazing w/ what they can do.

2011 JKU Sahara | 3" Synergy Suspension Levl II lift | Bilstein 5100's | Synergy Hi-mount relocation + King Racing 2.0 stabilizer (10") | RockRidge LED taillight armor kit| KCs on 3 tab lightbar |315/75r16 Cooper STT |16"x8.5" Level 8 Strike 5 |AEF CAI| Dynomax pre-axle dump| Poly Perf hood louvers|'C's gusseted | MORE engine-oil skid|
J3PH3RY_J33P is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #50
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3PH3RY_J33P View Post
So , when I say it drives like a Cadillac , I mean I can hold it w/ a single finger and maintain a straight line at either high speed road travel or the line up a hill that's considered quite more than an average challenge for its broken granite and limestone makeup. I freaking love my JK . Setup right and they are amazing w/ what they can do.

For sure. I really think the mid arm length is much more forgiving to geometry mods than its predecessor TJ. Would have loved to do a before after drive ability compare before lowering the ctrl arm mounts. AT 2.5 its not really needed (as 60%-70 of the original travel is still in the new travel) but you are now set to go to inch lift if ya want. I am sneaking up to the point where the corrections (aside from the rear roll center which I feel is very important) start becoming "required" rather than just seat of pants preference... putting .75 above my 2.5 springs this fall. Heard at 3.5, requirements really start kicking in so I am holding my breath - and can at least pop the spacers back out while getting other parts...
Unread 09-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #51
krawler510
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto View Post
Lifting to 3.5" up front is a different story, thats when something like the AEV front draglink flip kit with relocation bracket is required.
Eh, certainly not required. Control arms or drop brackets, yes.
Unread 09-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #52
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawler510

Eh, certainly not required. Control arms or drop brackets, yes.
That was referring to the front Trackbar relocation bracket or adjustable Trackbar for re centering the front axle.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.