AEV Wheels. Where to Buy??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > AEV Wheels. Where to Buy???

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-27-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
GEM1N1
2008 JK Wrangler 

AEV Wheels. Where to Buy???

I've decided to buy a set of these rather than swap factory wheels since they will give me the back spacing I'm looking for and I don't think they will get outdated like some of the trendy wheels that people are buying right now.

https://secure.aev-conversions.com/s...ry_Code=wheels

My question is this. Is anyone buying these for less than $209 a wheel? I have been looking around and can't seem to find a deal anywhere.

Missouri Concealed Carry Permit
Kansas Concealed Carry Permit
www.KcConcealedCarry.com
GEM1N1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #2
Blu-Jacket
2009 JK Wrangler 

The Pintler is a great wheel. AEV had a price increase in January that put the rims at $209.00 from $199.00. Not sure if you'll find a vendor willing to discount them. Maybe try and work a deal on the shipping.
Blu-Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #3
tricked919
2007 JK Wrangler 

I bought my Bridgers for well under that ($170-ish), but I just learned that they discontinued those - CRAZY!! ...now I'm curious why.

Good luck finding AEV stuff marked down. Keep an eye out for a discount code or an online coupon for Quadratec. That's where I bought mine.
'07 JK 2dr Sahara - auto w/ 4.10's and rear locker. 2" OME HD coil lift, BDS shocks, and 1" body-lift. 34" Hankook RT09 MT's on 16" AEV Bridgers. ARB diff covers, Warn bumpers, Warn 9K winch, a couple Hella lights ...and a WORTHLESS AirRaid CAI.
tricked919 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
sdebol
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have been researching AEV Pintlers recently as I was planning to replace the stock wheels/tires on my Sahara Unlimited (Mango Tango!) with Pintlers and Duratrac tires as soon as it arrives.

I checked 5 different websites and all had the same wheel price, however, the all differed in their shipping cost for five wheels. Northridge 4x4 offers free shipping on orders over $100. The rest ranged from $59.99 (Quadratec) to $100 (4x4 Rockshop).

I went with Northridge because of the free shipping and because of the good comments I've read about them on this forum.

My problem is that my Jeep is supposed to arrive this weekend, but the argent Pintlers I ordered are backordered for at least another 60 days (according to Dave at Northridge, and confirmed by Quadratec--didn't call AEV myself but their website lists them as backordered, too).

I'm debating whether to wait for the argents or just get them in silver, which is available now. The only other wrinkle is that Discount Tire is going to take my stock tires in trade so I can't put too many miles on them waiting for the argents...

BTW, Dave at Northridge has been very helpful and said he had no problem with me cancelling my order if I could find the wheels in argent anywhere else--he said he just wanted me to get what I wanted.
sdebol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm posting a set of argent like new bridgers on ebay soon. But their 16". And only 4 of them. Keep an eye out!
dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2010, 01:47 PM   #6
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

The Bridgers were discontinued because of something to do with manufacturing. I placed my order days before they were discontinued and ended up only able to get 2. I called every single vendor listed on the AEV website and nobody had a single one in stock. Apparently I was the only person in America with a brand new incomplete set of Bridgers.
rjt36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #7
stuckmehere
2009 JK Wrangler 

I tried to order a set of Bridgers but was told by Mike @ AEV that they were having issues with their supplier. So I went with the Argent Pintler. Ordered direct from them. Ordered them December 1 and they were on my porch in 5 days.

17x8.5 JK 5x5 (+10mm offset) = 199.00x5 ( I see the price has gone up)
Shipping to Nebraska = 93.51
Total = $1088.51

Great customer service, but how hard is it to take a credit card number really They were helpful with all my questions. Maybe could have found a better deal (like free shipping) but I had no problems. I love em.
stuckmehere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.