AEV Wheel owners! Check your wheels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > AEV Wheel owners! Check your wheels

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 06-03-2007, 06:37 PM   #1
billycj7

AEV Wheel owners! Check your wheels

I Just got my wheels the other day, took them to the tire shop and had them mounted. To my suprise, this is what they look like. The paint / powdercoating is super thin and delicate, there are alot of spaces where the paint did not get into!

Last edited by billycj7; 06-04-2007 at 05:52 PM..
billycj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2007, 08:37 PM   #2
Kevin_G
2007 JK Wrangler 

Billy.... Have you called the manufacturer? What are they going to do about this?
Kevin_G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2007, 09:21 PM   #3
billycj7

I am going to drop them an email. I already had them mounted prior to seeing how poor the workmanship was. I really dont know what to do other than not recommend anybody buy them until the quality improves.
Unread 06-03-2007, 09:35 PM   #4
Kevin_G
2007 JK Wrangler 

Let us know what happens... I think you should call them directly and tell them they have a problem... You might be supprised with what they do.
Kevin_G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2007, 07:45 AM   #5
greggradwohl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_G
Let us know what happens... I think you should call them directly and tell them they have a problem... You might be supprised with what they do.
+1, especially the "call" part. I have seen a lot of issues, on various forums, where the email thing didnt get anywhere. But a call to someone in authority, usually gets some results.
greggradwohl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2007, 08:41 AM   #6
luckie44

Billy,

Yea definitely talk to them about the situation. I am familiar with one other incident where AEV was concerned and they rectified the deal for the consumer. I have the Pintler non beadlocks and I've been very happy with them. The quality of my set seems excellent! Sorry to hear of your troubles, but those guys should take care of you! Talk to Mike or Kent!
Note: I have NO affiliation with AEV whatsoever! Just a happy consumer with their product!
B~
luckie44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #7
billycj7

okay, . I talked to John at AEV today, apparently they verified with the rest of their stock, that there seems to be a prob with some sets where the plugs used during painting did not allow the paint to get in. He assured me that they will be rectifying the situation and I will get a new set shipped to me as soon as they are ready. They were very prompt to remedy my problem and true to form, have proven to have excellen customer service.!

Last edited by billycj7; 06-04-2007 at 05:55 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.