Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

AEV suspension testing.....PIC!

14K views 88 replies 31 participants last post by  pjku79 
#1 · (Edited)
Went out to do some testing of the AEV 4.5" suspension.

Here is a teaser pic! That is all you get for now;) (I have 500 more pics;))

Took it up Wheeler Lake today.

Couple of shots for reference. Rides really smooth over the rocks.

Front bushing at full stuff.

See less See more
#7 ·
I'm an AEV dealer. If you need any help with anything I can handle it for you. Just drop me a PM or post it up.

#9 · (Edited)
1st. It's not a parking lot. It's a purpose built vehicle dyanmics, performance driving teaching facility.

2nd. I have had the suspension for less than 24 hours at this point. Give me some time to drive it, and get out to a trail. It's also the middle of the week. Some of us work.

3rd. 95% of the driving done by most JK owners is on the street. So why would you not want a real test there?

#14 ·
Poser pic?

Let's see your Jeep do that, and then wheel hard. I have only had this suspension for less than 24 hours so far. It will get trail testing soon.

Here are a couple of more poser pics of me in the TJ testing suspensions:rolleyes: The JK will get the same treatment, just takes time.

.....oh and I tested those on the street too!

#17 ·
Kind of a long term pet peeve of mine that we as Jeepers make excuses for the way our Jeeps drive instead of expecting something more. I know you have heard it yourself. The comments like "its a Jeep, it's not supposed to <insert reasonable handling remark here>".

Jeeps were built with the latest technology for every generation. Then we lift them with sometimes sketchy engineering and wonder why they are a pain to drive.

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a lifted Jeep to handle well and still tackle the tough trials. It will never be a sports car, but it can be 100 times better than most are demanding right now.

I will get some wheeling pics up. Might get out to Moab this weekend and hopefully get some good stuff.

#28 ·
xtremjeepn,

Wanted to ask you why you chose the AEV lift and what your thoughts were about the build and quality. You obviously have played with a suspension or two and I am seriously considering the AEV 3.5 inch lift. What was the deciding factor and who did the install.

Bill

#32 ·
One of the guys on Colorado4x4.org posted this. Here is the quote. Thought it was interesting.

I had the privilege of driving behind a JK outfitted with the Nth Degree 3.5" kit on Golden Spike. From what I seen the AEV kit flexed like the Rubicon Express, TeraFlex, hybrid and Rancho kits that were also represented. It did everything that the other kits did and didn't stand out by lifting tires when tires should not be lifted.

I do not have any testimonials of how it drives on pavement other then the marketing speak by AEV but from what I've read and how I've seen it perform off road I am going to upgrade from my Rancho to this kit (Nth Degree 3.5" Premium) later this month.

Since everyone that posted on this thread is interested in real world performance while off road I decided to throw some comparison pics together. The following photos show side by side comparisons of the 3.5" Nth Degree kit compared to other brands in the industry.

#40 ·
those flexing pics are messed up.. the aev lift is useing a different angle..
Agreed, they all took different angles, but it's still nice to see a good articulation shot of various setups over a similar terrain. It shows the AEV can handle a tough spot as well as the competitors.

#38 ·
BiGEN

Thanks for noticing something that I have not. I'm pretty high on that tree, but what do you think it could be if it's not right? Now I do have a 3" lift with a 1" spacer, for a total of 4". I didn't know what I didn't know when I bought and had it installed. If I would have I would have caught it and told them I neended 4" springs. (Hindsight) Do you think that may have something to do with it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.