AEV Savegre vs. Mopar Classic 5 Hole - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > AEV Savegre vs. Mopar Classic 5 Hole

Steinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 09-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
SoCal_HEMIHead
2008 JK Wrangler 

AEV Savegre vs. Mopar Classic 5 Hole

I'm confused and need forum support. I was under the impression the AEV Savegre wheel was a 5.2" backspacing and the Mopar Classic 5 Hole version was 4.7".

Today I called a dealership and they said the Mopar wheel is actually 5.2". He then called Chrysler support and said, "Ok I got an answer. The official records show 5.2 but he thinks that is measured to the end of the rim where the 4.7" is coming up because that is only measured to the lip."

Mopar Part #P5155978

What do you think... is this the same wheel, just measured differently? I'm about to install larger tires and I want to prevent any backspacing issues. Am I asking for problems if I plan to install 35's down the road? Mopar and AEV are marketing these rims as accepting 35's.

SoCal_HEMIHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Looks the same to me? The pintler wheels are advertised as 5.2" backspacing as well but measure closer to 4.7" if you measure it yourself.
And it works fine for 35x12.50s.
brianjw is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Same wheel.

AEV makes several products for MOPAR.
robplumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
SoCal_HEMIHead
2008 JK Wrangler 

So the only difference is the center cap? One has the AEV logo and the other is the Jeep logo?
Unread 09-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
LoneWolf
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_HEMIHead View Post
So the only difference is the center cap? One has the AEV logo and the other is the Jeep logo?
That fits with everything I've read on these. Which one's cheaper? The AEV versions retail for about $226 each, but I haven't priced the Mopar.

2009 JKX - Stock, for now ...
My videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKB...AoLi1Zg/videos
LoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #6
SoCal_HEMIHead
2008 JK Wrangler 

AEV tends to be cheaper. The lowest price Mopar version is over $240.
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #7
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_HEMIHead View Post
Bought my pintlers thru Mopar and my dealer. It actually comes with blank caps and stick on Jeep or AEV logos.
dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.