AEV or Rancho Lift??? Trying to decide - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > AEV or Rancho Lift??? Trying to decide

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 03-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
Coachfarnen

AEV or Rancho Lift??? Trying to decide

Heard the AEV 2.5" is the best value for what you get but I really like the fact the Rancho 3" is painted entirely red to match the color scheme on my JK Unlimited which will also have Dick Cepek 18s w 35s. Let me know what y'all think.

Coachfarnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 06:10 PM   #2
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Lol. So you want to choose your suspension based on the color it is painted?!
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I’m not bashing Rancho at all but I do know that AEV is a good and well respected suspension package for the JKs. I would never base anything or part for my Jeep based on what color it is.

If you get something other than red then just paint it prior to installing it if you must. Also, too much of the same color can have a negative effect on how your Jeep will look too.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
mrwhipple
2012 JK Wrangler 

the AEV is a solid kit.
Unread 04-01-2013, 05:16 AM   #5
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

Personally, I would stay away from any kit that uses a front track bar drop bracket which I believe the Rancho kit uses. Check out the "definitive lift kit" thread for some reviews on different kits. There are a ton of different options depending on the type of wheeling you want to do with your Jeep. The AEV kit is known to be one of the best for on road handling characteristics. If it was me, I'd run the Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex kit.
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #6
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Stay away from these companies

Skyjacker
Procomp
Fab tech
Rustys
ROUGH COUNTRY
BDS

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #7
Scherer
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have the 3.5" AEV Dual Sport and am happy with it.
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
austin6137
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post

Skyjacker
Procomp
Fab tech
Rustys
ROUGH COUNTRY
BDS

Until next week when the forums opinion changes, its like doctors one week this is good next week its bad.
90 - xj laredo- 4.5" rough country lift, 6.5" of total lift with drop brackets, zj disc brakes on c8.25, olympic winch bumper, jcr upper and lower quarter armor, IRO hack-n-tap and rock sliders and rear bumper. rugged ridge 8500lb winch. Spartan locker up front. With a jd yellow paint job, 97+ front end and bushwacker cut out flares. 35's
austin6137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #9
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

I preach the same companies as piles of junk, go through my posts. It wasnt until recently that teraflex earned their keep and put rubicon express down with the sodomites

I'm not a fan of AEV either, but their little 2.5" starter kit is a good place to jump from

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #10
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

TeraFlex is proven to me on multiple JKs and will always get my vote.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #11
Rancho_Lifts
Vendor
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachfarnen View Post
Heard the AEV 2.5" is the best value for what you get but I really like the fact the Rancho 3" is painted entirely red to match the color scheme on my JK Unlimited which will also have Dick Cepek 18s w 35s. Let me know what y'all think.

Look to our Rancho 3" TRAIL system.
Adjustable track bar(front)
front/rear upper control arms as well.
Available in red or black

Made in the USA.
And a rebate as well...

http://www.gorancho.com/promotions.php
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic302198_9.gif
Rancho_Lifts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #12
Moto4x4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post

Skyjacker
Procomp
Fab tech
Rustys
ROUGH COUNTRY
BDS

My bds kit for my TJ was awesome though? Given I only had the springs and shocks with stock control arms and stuff (2" lift that netted ~2.5").

I agree I wouldnt recommend their control arms, but their springs and shocks are damn nice and have a life time "no bs" warranty
Unread 04-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #13
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho_Lifts View Post
Available in red or black...
I typed this (see next paragraph below) up and was about to submit it but for some reason went back and reread your post one more time. Then I discovered that you had already answered my question.

“Seeing you in this thread just brought back a memory of sorts. Didn’t you (Rancho) start offering a couple of you larger suspension kits in black too as an option a couple of years or so?”
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #14
bill9274
2011 JK Wrangler 

hi, i no i will get flamed but i installed a rough country series 2 3.5" lift today on my jku. i was going for a close to factory ride as possible. i didnt buy any extras just the kit$475 shipped of a vendor here. the lift comes wiith a 60 satifaction warranty and lifetime on everything except bushings. ok i started about 10 this morning and finished about five with help the last hour. there brackets are way more heavy duty than factory and it is as big as i will ever go so the heavy-duty fixed control arms were fine for me. still have stock tires on untill tomorrow. the ride is great so far the n2.0 suck up pot holes my family and my self were amazed at the ride. the shocks have about 12" travel wich is a plus. took it by my buddies we installed a 3.5 aev on his in january he was impressed with the ride and the handling said it was every bit as good as his maybe a tad more nose dive on hard stops. just my 2 cents.

Bill
bill9274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #15
austin6137
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill9274 View Post
hi, i no i will get flamed but i installed a rough country series 2 3.5" lift today on my jku. i was going for a close to factory ride as possible. i didnt buy any extras just the kit$475 shipped of a vendor here. the lift comes wiith a 60 satifaction warranty and lifetime on everything except bushings. ok i started about 10 this morning and finished about five with help the last hour. there brackets are way more heavy duty than factory and it is as big as i will ever go so the heavy-duty fixed control arms were fine for me. still have stock tires on untill tomorrow. the ride is great so far the n2.0 suck up pot holes my family and my self were amazed at the ride. the shocks have about 12" travel wich is a plus. took it by my buddies we installed a 3.5 aev on his in january he was impressed with the ride and the handling said it was every bit as good as his maybe a tad more nose dive on hard stops. just my 2 cents.

Bill
Wait, wait let me get this straight you bought a rough country lift kit and your satisfied so far. How can this be possible? Guess you and I must be the only two that got good lift kits from them.
90 - xj laredo- 4.5" rough country lift, 6.5" of total lift with drop brackets, zj disc brakes on c8.25, olympic winch bumper, jcr upper and lower quarter armor, IRO hack-n-tap and rock sliders and rear bumper. rugged ridge 8500lb winch. Spartan locker up front. With a jd yellow paint job, 97+ front end and bushwacker cut out flares. 35's
austin6137 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.