AEV f/r bumpers installed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > AEV f/r bumpers installed

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 11-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

AEV f/r bumpers installed

I installed the AEV front bumper with winch plate and skid plate. A Warn 9.5CTI winch and Recon turn signal lights were also installed.
I also installed the AEV rear bumper and tire carrier with LED 3rd brake light and hi-lift mount.

The finished product looks excellent. Each of the individual pieces were perfectly crafted and everything fit together like a puzzle.
I do have to say that the instructions were pretty awful, but common sense always wins. If they put as much effort into their instructions as the product, it would be an amazing package.

The rear tire carrier system is pretty smart. I like the design overall. The design allows the carrier to be rattle free; however, if it ever does develop a rattle, it is easy to adjust/tighten up.
The hi-lift/pull-pal mount is very cool, but a bit over engineered. I really am not complaining about that (because it is really cool), just mentioning it.

The Recon lights are pretty sharp.

TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Your Jeep looks great and yeah, that rear bumper/tire carrier is terrific. Do plan on getting the Fuel Caddy?
Unread 11-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
rhyno46
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks good, thx for sharing.
rhyno46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
Coolcatracing
2008 JK Wrangler 

Don't forget to install the fairlead for that winch.
08 Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed, 315/70-16 Kelly TSR, 1.5" Spidertrax spacers factory Moab's, Rubicon Express Flex arm 3.5" lift, Smittybilt XRC front bumper with D-rings, Body Armor Extreme rock slider steps, AEV snorkel, trimmed fender flares, Hella 8" HID driving lights
Coolcatracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
Arsenalman007
2013 JK Wrangler 

Those are the same bumpers I'm planning on getting after I install the lift.

Oh, and that is one of the nicest looking Jeeps I've seen!
Arsenalman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 02:14 AM   #6
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Awesome, whaddaya think about the tire carrier? I liked the AEV tire carrier so much, I bought it and buzzed it onto my Poison Spyder bumper. Best swing-out carrier on the market IMHO.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 05:53 AM   #7
bluerockymtn

How was the install on the recon lights? Ive heard mixed reviews as far as needing to add resistors and the harnesses not matching up. Jeep looks great, really like that color
bluerockymtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #8
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Your Jeep looks great and yeah, that rear bumper/tire carrier is terrific. Do plan on getting the Fuel Caddy?
It's actually not my JKU....just a friend's I did the work on (my blue TJ is in the background). He already has AEV wheels and 35s going on it in the next day or two. It has a 2.5" mopar lift (not sure who actually made it) that he is considering swapping out for the AEV 3.5".

I am not sure if he is getting the fuel caddy. I think he is on the forum, so he might chime in if he sees this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolcatracing View Post
Don't forget to install the fairlead for that winch.
He actually has a syntheic winch line and thimble from Viking coming, as well as a hawse fairlead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubAtomicGenius View Post
Awesome, whaddaya think about the tire carrier? I liked the AEV tire carrier so much, I bought it and buzzed it onto my Poison Spyder bumper. Best swing-out carrier on the market IMHO.
I was very impressed with the engineering of the tire carrier. It definitely seems like a solid unit....and very easy to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerockymtn View Post
How was the install on the recon lights? Ive heard mixed reviews as far as needing to add resistors and the harnesses not matching up. Jeep looks great, really like that color
The Recon lights were easy to install. The fender flare lights are literally plug-n-play, once mounted in place. The grille lights were even easier to mount in place, but take a few more minutes to splice in the resistors (included in the kit).
For both sets of lights, you just pull the stock bulbs out and plug the whole harness and plug into the Recon lights. If they don't light up, you just turn the plug the other way.
Unread 11-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #9
suicideking
2012 JK Wrangler 

Looks great! Yeah, I was about to ask about the wheels because there's 1 pintler in the first pic. Definitely post a new pic with the wheels.

Now I want that rear bumper!
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #10
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The wheel/tire in the first pic is actually for another Jeep I am building (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/20...32/index6.html)
Unread 11-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #11
SSAdrenaline
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hey I was woundering what year of jeep that is and what colour? It looks sweet but I dont see it on the jeep website?
SSAdrenaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #12
bluerockymtn

I believe it is sahara tan and only for 12 model year
bluerockymtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #13
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

^ correct. Very limited run of that color. Looks awesome with black accents.
Unread 11-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #14
NWJeepster
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubAtomicGenius View Post
I would really like to see a picture of your setup. I want to do the same thing because the PS rear tire carrier won't work with my AEV wheels.
NWJeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #15
kled2112
2010 JK Wrangler 

How did the winch install go? I just did the same thing today to my rig, same AEV front premium bumper but I used the X20 Smittybuilt Winch and it was super hard to fit the grill on with the wires coming off the back of the control box. Took quite a bit of time (and some choice words) to figure it out and I am still not happy with the way the wiring bends right out of the control box...
kled2112 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.