Aev 3.5 lift and 35 tires on a Sahara Unlimited??
A question for the FORUM - I've spent many hours researching lifts (here, there and everywhere) - I consistently return to AEV as it consistently receives great reviews. I want a 3.5" lift and 35" tires .
Here is the deal - I am currently living here in the Middle East, where I've encountered a variety of terrain - desert, sabkha (look it up) and off-road trails into the mountains. I don't rock crawl, my trips are expedition in nature (getting to the campsite!).
So, I haul on 2009 Unlimited Sahara, packing all of myr gear in a Gobi Rack.
My most concern is about the 3.5" lift and Tire size Micky Thomson MTZ ?
1. Would it damage or effect my front suspention or any other components in there ?
2. Do I Have to replace any other parts?
3. Do I need to re-gear ? and to what combination ? can someone explain to me why people re-gear ?
4. I will install heavy front and rear bumper . I'm worried that it will wake or sink back or forward.
The reason I'm asking those questions is because one of my friends bought a jeep unlimted tj and it was lifted 3.5" and 35 tires ....He had some much trouble with it , balance was off, stearing wheel shakes , breaking was bad , shocks bad, Suspension bushes bad etc . so I'm really worried I will face those problems ......
5. What to replace ? or what to do to avoid damages from happening.
Appreciate the help!