aev 2.5 or teraflex 2.5? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > aev 2.5 or teraflex 2.5?

Jeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Jeep Long Arm Upgrade Kits on SALE for as low as $649.95 S

Unread 02-04-2015, 05:00 PM   #1
NICU
2008 JK Wrangler 

aev 2.5 or teraflex 2.5?

would like everyones feed back. please.

NICU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2015, 05:23 PM   #2
Sahara988
2013 JK Wrangler 

Love my AEV lift, the Bilsteins are great and really don't bounce around as much as some other Jeeps/lifts Iv ridden in.
Sahara988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2015, 06:45 PM   #3
Moezer
2015 JK Wrangler 

Iv got the teraflex nice soft ride almost like stock
Moezer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2015, 06:50 AM   #4
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

I like the TeraFlex. I like the fact that you can have adjustable lower control arms and a adjustable track bar. Two things I am not found of with the AEV setups.

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2015, 08:03 AM   #5
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road
I like the TeraFlex. I like the fact that you can have adjustable lower control arms and a adjustable track bar. Two things I am not found of with the AEV setups. -Jason
On either 2.5" lift you can add a track bar and lower adjustable control arms.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2015, 09:41 AM   #6
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Correct but the AEV usually runs without a trackbar in the front and usually runs the drop brackets for the front LCA's.

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
Unread 02-05-2015, 09:56 AM   #7
LoneWolf
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Correct but the AEV usually runs without a trackbar in the front and usually runs the drop brackets for the front LCA's. -Jason
This is true, but the real question should be is it needed? If company X can achieve a better ride/performance, I don't care how they get there.
Unread 02-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #8
ncb

Quote:
Correct but the AEV usually runs without a trackbar in the front and usually runs the drop brackets for the front LCA's. -Jason
True, but wether the AEV or Teraflex they are both 2.5" lifts that are on the basic side. Either could be dressed up to be more complete. There's nothing forcing one to go with or with out a track bar, adjustable arms or drop brackets.

I like most, don't like all the brackets and BS on the AEV 3.5 and 4.5. I do like the handling on and off road of the AEV spring and shock pairing. I went with the AEV 2.5 and added the Synergy steering components, Synergy lower adjustable control arms and TF track bar and it's a great set up. (I'm not a fanboy for AEV.)
Unread 02-05-2015, 01:50 PM   #9
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

There nothing wrong with the AEV. We do a ton of them. It is just personal preference. I would much rather have adjustable LCA's than drop brackets. I would also rather have adjustable track bar to re-center the front axle.

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
Unread 02-05-2015, 02:36 PM   #10
Spank
2014 JK Wrangler 

If you plan on replacing driveshafts in the future, you're better off with a lift that includes adjustable controls arms from the start.
Unread 02-05-2015, 05:05 PM   #11
Razrbk89
2013 JK Wrangler 

For me, one of the things that pushed me to AEV was the triple rated coils. I was adding a winch and heavy bumpers for my build and wanted something that compensates somewhat without giving up too much performance. At least that's what the multi rated coils claim anyway.

For a similar price and equipped kit, neither has adjustable LCAs or front track bar, so like ncb said, that's an add either way. I happen to have the geometry correction brackets as opposed to adjustable LCAs and it works for me. So far I've been ok with the front axle centering, even without an adjustable track bar.

The Teraflex kit does come with rear sway bar links and you move the rear to the front. On the kit I bought, AEV has brackets to extend the front links.

I'm 13,000 miles into it and I'm very happy with my lift. Don't worry, you'll be drinking heavily by the time you can filter all the differences and make up your mind.
Razrbk89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2015, 05:54 PM   #12
Utah_Jay

2007 JK Wrangler 

My vote would be for the TeraFlex, but the only reason I say that is because that is what I run and have no issues with them. Plus TeraFlex is less than 10 miles from me and I can pick stuff up at the will call and I like supporting local businesses.
Unread 02-05-2015, 07:46 PM   #13
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm kind of indifferent.

AEV has a rep for the best On-road ride. But those drop brackets can be magnets for rocks.

TeraFlex is more aligned with how all the other lift kit manufacturers build a lift (with adjustable lower control arms), and has a great following (so does AEV).

In a toss up, I'd go with Tera Patrick...er, I meant, TeraFlex.
"Boing Clash Boom!" - Dada Life
HappyTrails is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2015, 08:24 PM   #14
ncb

If I could go back I'd go with this kit.

http://www.metalcloak.com/JK-Jeep-Du...ion-p/7117.htm
image-1727881181.jpg

Unread 02-05-2015, 11:46 PM   #15
wilgeno
Bug-Out!

2013 JK Wrangler 

I went with the Teraflex 2.5" coil lift. Loving it so far.

Bug-Out! http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/b...build-1568531/

I don't always go topless, but when I do I go Commando!
wilgeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.