AEV 2.5” on 35’s - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > AEV 2.5” on 35’s

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 10-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #31
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Who can show me a worn out axle end or frame end flex joint on a stock JK track bar? They dont bend either unless they get yanked on as a recovery point.

Steering kits and trackbar relocation from aev utilize factory components for a reason. Having those componets will allow full use of long travel shocks without binding up steering links that 2.5" lifts are limited by without further modification.

Nth degree recognized these things early on and produced parts that work and utilize proven components. 4" of lift with near stock geometry including draglink and track bar angles.... Go figure.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #32
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjw
I guess I'll find out soon, when my metalcloak arms show up for my aev 3.5" lift. The advantage of having near level lower control arms is obvious, but I'm going to see how much the ride changes without the brackets.
The biggest difference I noticed is the road shock when hitting road cracks and potholes. The brackets definitely made them less noticeable.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #33
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto

The biggest difference I noticed is the road shock when hitting road cracks and potholes. The brackets definitely made them less noticeable.
I actually ordered all but the front lower controls initially with the intention of retaining the brackets, but it seemed stupid. I would not really be taking advantage of the control arms if I didn't use them all anyway. Plus If I recall correctly the metalcloak front lower arms can't be adjusted to stock length. I can't really move the front axle around much with the larger diameter aev springs, synergy sector shaft brace etc, tight clearance in there and moving things around more may create an issue.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.