AEV 2.5” on 35’s - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > AEV 2.5” on 35’s

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #16
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanE5 View Post
Why don't you like the AEV 3.5"? Right now I'm between the AEV 2.5", AEV 3.5", and RK 2.5" Max Flex (which I hear is more like a 3.5"+).
Because once you get that height, I don’t like my Jeep being held together by brackets. Also if ever you wanted to grow from that lift you end up throwing most of the components away, so you spend money twice.

I would want adjustable control arms instead of AEV’s drop brackets
I would want an adjustable front trackbar instead of AEV’s “bent OE” one
I would want sway bar quick disconnects
I would want extended brake lines instead of or in addition to drop brackets

The good about the kit is it is priced WITH shocks, a high steer kit and a Procal.

-Dan

ROCKR8R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #17
RyanE5
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKR8R View Post
Because once you get that height, I don’t like my Jeep being held together by brackets. Also if ever you wanted to grow from that lift you end up throwing most of the components away, so you spend money twice.

I would want adjustable control arms instead of AEV’s drop brackets
I would want an adjustable front trackbar instead of AEV’s “bent OE” one
I would want sway bar quick disconnects
I would want extended brake lines instead of or in addition to drop brackets

The good about the kit is it is priced WITH shocks, a high steer kit and a Procal.

-Dan
Thanks for your input. Now I'm between the AEV 2.5 and RK 2.5 Max Flex, the RK is about $500 more after the add-ins are tallied up. I'm leaning more towards the AEV to keep the height a little lower.
Unread 10-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #18
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

AEV will ride best. I have the 2.5" with bilsteins and it rides awesome even with no weight added like a winch and bumper
Unread 10-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #19
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanE5 View Post
Thanks for your input. Now I'm between the AEV 2.5 and RK 2.5 Max Flex, the RK is about $500 more after the add-ins are tallied up. I'm leaning more towards the AEV to keep the height a little lower.
The Rock Krawler kit also comes with lower control arms. Got to decide if that is worth the money to you or not. If I was shopping for a kit again, I would get the RK 2.5" Max too.

As far as AEV riding better...That is opinion based. The RK kit will ride just as good. I had my pieced together kit riding well too.

-Dan
Unread 10-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #20
gillbot
2012 JK Wrangler 

I was going to put 35's on my 2dr till everyone started telling me it might rub without at least 2" of lift. I've been trying to trade my 35's off for 32/33's but so far no takers. I just don't want to get into a lift yet.
gillbot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #21
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillbot View Post
I was going to put 35's on my 2dr till everyone started telling me it might rub without at least 2" of lift. I've been trying to trade my 35's off for 32/33's but so far no takers. I just don't want to get into a lift yet.
How about a leveling kit? You can fit 35's but you will have to trim fenders or buy flats. Also trim pinch seam and rock tails if it is a Rubicon.

You can get into this http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-sus...kit-634-7.html

or this http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-sus...-kit-651c.html

-Dan
Unread 10-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #22
gillbot
2012 JK Wrangler 

I already put JKU Rubi 18/59 springs on it. I'm not sure I want to add more lift, trim fenders, bumper and all that. It's just a base Sport that won't see much off road so I don't think the effort to fit 35's is worth it when a 32/33 will be plenty without having to lift it.
gillbot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 04:40 AM   #23
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

I put an AEV 2.5" with drop brackets on a club member's 2010 JKUR. I was impressed with the end result. She's running 33s right now but a regear and 35s may come later. As soon as it was on there she came over to Moab with us and ran Behind The Rocks with no issues at all. What I like about it is the retention of stock drivelines, no steering or front & rear pinion angle correction needed and good flex characteristics. Great value, too, considering the overall performance vs some of the el cheapo kits out there.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 05:47 AM   #24
PhatBasturd
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ7 

AEV 3.5" here and added extended brake lines. 2 years and 14k miles later ZERO issues.

Sent from my over priced iPhone.
PhatBasturd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #25
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
I put an AEV 2.5" with drop brackets on a club member's 2010 JKUR. I was impressed with the end result. She's running 33s right now but a regear and 35s may come later. As soon as it was on there she came over to Moab with us and ran Behind The Rocks with no issues at all. What I like about it is the retention of stock drivelines, no steering or front & rear pinion angle correction needed and good flex characteristics. Great value, too, considering the overall performance vs some of the el cheapo kits out there.
Well typically you don't have a lot of issues with a 2.5" kit. The 2.5" AEV kit is a good kit.

-Dan
Unread 10-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #26
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatBasturd View Post
AEV 3.5" here and added extended brake lines. 2 years and 14k miles later ZERO issues.

Sent from my over priced iPhone.
No one is saying it is plagued with issues. I just desire more out of a lift at that height. For the price of the AEV 3.5 and 4.5” lifts you can get other brands that come with lower control arms, adjustable trackbar, sway bar disconnects etc…

-Dan
Unread 10-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #27
PhatBasturd
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKR8R View Post
No one is saying it is plagued with issues. I just desire more out of a lift at that height. For the price of the AEV 3.5 and 4.5” lifts you can get other brands that come with lower control arms, adjustable trackbar, sway bar disconnects etc…

-Dan
Never said anybody said that. Just posting my experience with 3.5" of AEV brackets.
PhatBasturd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #28
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

There was a huge difference in ride quality when I added the Geo brackets to my 3.5" lift. Handling was never an issue before or after. The geo brackets change the angle of the control arms, adjustable control arms do nothing to address that angle. The only thing that can match that angle is a long arm kit where the control arm brackets are moved to a new location.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #29
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Correct, the drop brackets like AEV uses approximate the same control arm angles you'd get with a long arm. TnT Customs makes some that are more robust than AEVs, and just like the AEV brackets can be retrofited to any short arm suspension.

Whether using front end drop brackets or a full blown long arm conversion, the improvement in stability, ride quality & handling needs to be experienced. Slight loss in ground clearance but a relatively minor issue real world.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #30
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

I guess I'll find out soon, when my metalcloak arms show up for my aev 3.5" lift. The advantage of having near level lower control arms is obvious, but I'm going to see how much the ride changes without the brackets.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.