Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

advice on KAYAK Rack

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  HappyTrails 
#1 ·
Hey
I have a 2011 WRANGLER Unlimited 4 door Rubicon with both hard top and soft top, I need advice on which rack system to purchase, I need to transport 2 kayaks at a time. They are each 49 pounds , (2 )Winderness Pongo 120's. We are want to use a system that allows us to have to have the soft top on if possible.

Any Advice ?

docsquilliam ( Bill)

#2 ·
I just installed theTrailfx roof rack it will carry up to 350 pounds more than enough for my paddle boards and kayaks. I can take the front panels of my hard top off with no problem but need to remove the cross bars for the rear. It's pretty easy to remove the cross bars. Best part under 40o bucks

#3 ·
I haul a Jackson 9' Rouge and 12' sit-on-top across the roll bar and windshield using only a swimming pool noodle ($10 at Walmart). Total weight is about 60 pounds.

Never had any problems.
In this pic, I was using split plumbing pipe insulation, works just as well. But my pool noodle is yellow. :nerd:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.