Adjustable Ball Joint & Camber & A bent axle?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Adjustable Ball Joint & Camber & A bent axle??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-11-2010, 05:43 AM   #16
USAntigoon
Retired from Forum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttytruckster View Post
No its not pulling..... I had it alignedby a shop with a brand new laser alignment system...and they said my caster is off.... driver side -.08 and -1.0 passenger side....according to people above..... its either a bad ball joint or something is bent..
The max. camber difference between LH and RH can be .5 degrees. I was NOT going to worry about this..You camber is FIXED and with the tolerance stack up you easily can get this difference..

But I still don't understand whether you have a "driving related" issue or are you just reacting to what the alignment guy told you.. If it is the latter, suggest you have it rechecked on the same machine and you might have a different reading.. (Is called gage Repeatability and Reproducibility)

USAntigoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #17
muttytruckster
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAntigoon View Post
The max. camber difference between LH and RH can be .5 degrees. I was NOT going to worry about this..You camber is FIXED and with the tolerance stack up you easily can get this difference..

But I still don't understand whether you have a "driving related" issue or are you just reacting to what the alignment guy told you.. If it is the latter, suggest you have it rechecked on the same machine and you might have a different reading.. (Is called gage Repeatability and Reproducibility)
I apologize if I got peopoe mixed up.... its camber I am talking about and I thought it is suppose to closer to zero.....THUS why I am thinking that my 'c's maybe bent. However then there is the member that said above his brand new jk with 200miles on it is reading negative camper on both sides. I am not really sure what to think.... which why I originally posted
muttytruckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #18
muttytruckster
2007 JK Wrangler 

Unread 09-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #19
USAntigoon
Retired from Forum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I apologize if I got peopoe mixed up.... its camber I am talking about and I thought it is suppose to closer to zero.....THUS why I am thinking that my 'c's maybe bent. However then there is the member that said above his brand new jk with 200miles on it is reading negative camper on both sides. I am not really sure what to think.... which why I originally posted
The spec is -.25 degrees and the Max LT/RT difference is specified as +/- .5 degrees..
I don't see SAI measurements.. Also the "steer ahead" is what the front will see in steer ahead condition.. Here you are fine.. I was not going to make an issue out of this.. but do like to see the SAI for LH and R front..
USAntigoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #20
muttytruckster
2007 JK Wrangler 

SAI= Steer Ahead?
Unread 09-11-2010, 10:48 AM   #21
muttytruckster
2007 JK Wrangler 

So help me understand these readings.
So my camber is ok although the reading says different?????
Unread 09-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #22
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

What he said is the spec is -0.25 and you have -1.0 and -0.8 which is more than spec - OTOH your difference is only 0.2 and the allowable is +- 0.5. You appear to have more negative camber than spec, but it is close to being OK regarding difference from one side to the other - others may chime in on what more negative camber may do or cause or if this is even acceptable.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #23
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
So help me understand these readings.
So my camber is ok although the reading says different?????
Just means you need to rotate your tires more often.I'd be rotaing your tires every 1000-1500 miles to make them last.
Unread 09-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #24
muttytruckster
2007 JK Wrangler 

1000-1500 miles?? Holy cow. So I guess then two last queations. One what causes this? Two should I in the long run put adjustable ball joints with respect to the rest of the life of the vehicle? As we plan on putting a new v8 in it when this mini van engine blows from too miles........in other word we will have this for a long time

Tags
alignment , ball joints , camber , front axle problem , JK Wrangler , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.