Additional Security - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Additional Security

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 03-04-2007, 05:55 PM   #1
DieselJK

Additional Security

I ordered a Wrangler Unlimited Sahara in January with the MyGig option. The Sahara comes with a security system but I am wondering whether or not it would be a good idea to get the EVS I additional security system from Mopar installed as well. It seems like hood locks are a good idea and I plan to order those(still can't beleive the hood doesn't lock already on a $30,000 vehicle). But I was wondering what the EVS I adds to the mix not already provided by the factory security system?

DieselJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
2007UnlimitedNJ
2007 JK Wrangler 

Aftermarket

My researched showed that upgrading the Sahara security system may not be you best option or most economical.

To protect that precious MyGig, you are going to want a microwave / motion sensor which is not available or able to be added to the current factory units (to the best of my knowledge).

It may all be for nothing as the MyGig will most likely not come out for a while yet.
2007UnlimitedNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2007, 02:45 PM   #3
strykermp5

your choice of sidearm... 9mm, .40 cal, .45 cal, and .50AE if your are ballsy...

but i would go with aftermarket system with window and hood detection if you have to park where you cannot see your vehicle most often!

i fortunately am almost always within visual distance of my vehicle where i work and typically park

Optional Equipment:
M4 (x2)
Sig 226
strykermp5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.