Adding Teraflex Leveling kit and Rubicon JKU shocks and springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Adding Teraflex Leveling kit and Rubicon JKU shocks and springs

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-25-2014, 09:20 AM   #1
DeVo24
2008 JK Wrangler 

Adding Teraflex Leveling kit and Rubicon JKU shocks and springs

I have an almost completely stock 08 JK X. I got the Teraflex kit for xmas and was waiting for warm weather to put it on, just a tiny bump up. Then I tripped over some brand new JKU Rubicon springs and shocks on Craig's list for a steal. The wheels started turning and I got em. Im going from 12/54 to 18/59, or roughly that at least. Everything I've read the install seems pretty simple, too simple. I did have one other Forum tell me that my track bar MAY be too short when Im done. Has anyone run a combo like this? It's my DD so I have to get it done in one weekend and having to wait on unexpectedly needed parts could be a problem. Any advise is appreciated.

DeVo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2014, 09:48 AM   #2
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

I am assuming you got the spacer leveling kit? Yes you can run Rubi springs/shocks and your pucks. You may gain an 1" or 1.5" with the Rubi items then the leveling kit will lift the front to level it out. When all said and done you may have 2" of height gained and a leveled rig, should look good. Throw on some 33's and you will be good to go. I doubt you run into track bar problems. Some people do not need them with a 2.5" lift.

-Dan
ROCKR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2014, 10:06 AM   #3
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

IMO you do not NEED track bar adjustment at 2.5 inches, but the axle WILL be off center. It is just a mater of what you will accept for an incomplete lift.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2014, 11:28 PM   #4
DeVo24
2008 JK Wrangler 

So would it be correct to say that if I want everything to line up perfect I should go with the new track bar? Front and rear? Also since it looks like im going to get 2-2.5 inches based on estimates would a track bar made for 2.5-6" be useless or just an unnecessary upgrade. Considering its my DD id rather get one and return it than not have it and have to wait. Id also like to do this once......until I break something.
Unread 03-26-2014, 05:13 AM   #5
jddausch
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm running the same set up on my 2012 Sahara, no issues. I'm only running one front spacer, it's all I needed with the 18/59 swap. May need to put the other one back in after winch install this week
'12 JK Sahara
jddausch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2014, 07:00 AM   #6
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVo24 View Post
So would it be correct to say that if I want everything to line up perfect I should go with the new track bar? Front and rear? Also since it looks like im going to get 2-2.5 inches based on estimates would a track bar made for 2.5-6" be useless or just an unnecessary upgrade. Considering its my DD id rather get one and return it than not have it and have to wait. Id also like to do this once......until I break something.
It would be pretty much useless. I am running a stock front trackbar at 3" of lift and I cannot tell the axle is off center by looking at it.
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2014, 02:12 PM   #7
DeVo24
2008 JK Wrangler 

Did you put it all on at once and did it mess with your alignment at all? I can't find it now but I read one post about having to get an alignment after putting on the leveling kit but I only saw it once.
Unread 03-27-2014, 12:11 PM   #8
WAC_Jeeper

1997 TJ Wrangler 

You may need to re center the steering wheel. This can be done with a pipe wrench to adjust the drag link. That's it as far as alignment for this application.

97 TJ, MCE fenders and flares, heavily used and reliable on 35's.

MCE, LLC

Patented Off-Road Plastic "FLEXIBLE FENDER" - made in the USA - A Modern Twist on a Classic Icon

www.flexiblefenders.com

***LIKE us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bothel...547844?ref=sgm***
WAC_Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.