adding a hitch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > adding a hitch

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-30-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
TJeep32
2009 JK Wrangler 

adding a hitch

hey guys, i have a quick question. my 2010 2dr didnt come with a hitch and im wanting to add one, if i get one that comes with the wiring, does the wiring plug right in? or do i have to add something. thanks for the help

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12015_1009_07.htm

TJeep32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:34 AM   #2
sheila_the_xj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

plugs right in
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootz View Post
how would she know about boxes on the porch, unless the porch is right beside the kitchen? Confused:confused::confused:
Quote:
jeeps earn nicknames. a zj on 31's, hhmmmm. Mallcrawl would work so would headingtothestoreformilkandeggs or maybe hardcoreforhighway
Quote:
damn, your barracks have actual wallboard and hardwood floors? you must be AF
sheila_the_xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:43 AM   #3
TJeep32
2009 JK Wrangler 

Sweet! I was hoping it would be, thanks
TJeep32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Here’s an old thread of mine showing what you’ll need and how to install it. (JK receiver hitch and wiring harness install)
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
WXman
2001 WJ 

P.S. buy an American hitch like the Hidden Hitch brand or something similar. Don't get a chinese ****tyBilt/Rugged Ridge/Q-tec hitch that has a short tube, terrible welds, and poorly placed safety chain attachment points. Support your fellow American worker and you'll get a better hitch in the process for the same money. Easier to install too because the nuts on the backside will be tack welded into place.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #6
robski85

2012 JK Wrangler 

I have the hitch combo from quadratec and it toon me all of 20 minutes to install... Very quick easy and painless... I even found a video on YouTube beforehand which was nice...
robski85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.