ACE Rock Sliders with Smittybilt SRC Rock Rails? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > ACE Rock Sliders with Smittybilt SRC Rock Rails?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
jdog1065
2010 JK Wrangler 

ACE Rock Sliders with Smittybilt SRC Rock Rails?

I'm interested in getting the ACE rock sliders and like the way they look with the factory Rubicon rock rails, but I can't find any used (2 dr) "rubi rails". Does anyone know if the Smittybuilt SRC rock rails (part #76635) will work with the ACE rock sliders?

I talked to Smittybuilt and they said their rock rails are different than the OEM "rubi rails". The guy said he wasn't sure if their rock rails would work with the ACE rock sliders.

Anyone running these two together?

I'd hate to buy them only to find out they won't play nice together and have to return everything.

jdog1065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
smcutter
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Call Smittybilt back and ask if they can give you a general idea of what the differences are between their rails and the Rubi Rails. They look similar enough that I think you have a good chance...

More of a Tinkering Thread than a Build Thread (smcutter)

Colorado Jeep Club Member #302
Keep Calm and Chive On!
And for the record, I'm probably judging you for your bad grammar or spelling.
smcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
jdog1065
2010 JK Wrangler 

When I called them I explained what I wanted to do and they pretty much just said they are not exact matches, weren't sure how different they were, and didn't know if they would work with the ACE rock sliders.........

If I decide to try it, I'll post if they work together, just in case anyone else is wondering.......

Unread 04-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

i am wondering....

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Yes, you can run them both together...

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #6
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

so jason, dont know if you saw the other rail thread, someone is claiming they suffered body damage even wiht the ace on and am trying to get details if the rails bent or if a rock just flew up thar or something. also do you consider the bolt ons frame or body mount?....ps I am loving mine and worked um pretty good last weekend.

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
Unread 04-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #7
4DFUN
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'll be watching this Thread to see what happens.

I have seen the little smiley guys before that said this thread needs pictures or something along those lines. Lets see some pictures.
4DFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #8
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsaxe View Post
so jason, dont know if you saw the other rail thread, someone is claiming they suffered body damage even wiht the ace on and am trying to get details if the rails bent or if a rock just flew up thar or something. also do you consider the bolt ons frame or body mount?....ps I am loving mine and worked um pretty good last weekend.
I know we have the bolt on's and there is a lot of others that do. We have seen guys beat the snot out of these without any issues. Now, if the bolts were not torqued down like they should be, then I can see where they would have room to flex into the rails or the body but if installed like they are designed, I dont see how that could happen. If you think this might be a issue though and also have access to a welder, then ACE now offers a complete weld together option. You can put it as high or low as you would like plus you can set the angle of the step portion as well! Same price too!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
Unread 04-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #9
smcutter
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road View Post
If you think this might be a issue though and also have access to a welder, then ACE now offers a complete weld together option. You can put it as high or low as you would like plus you can set the angle of the step portion as well! Same price too!

More of a Tinkering Thread than a Build Thread (smcutter)

Colorado Jeep Club Member #302
Keep Calm and Chive On!
And for the record, I'm probably judging you for your bad grammar or spelling.
smcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #10
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

LOL I can help with that! The new ones are sweet!!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
Unread 04-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #11
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

weld on flexibility sounds great, heard about those the day after I placed my order, but no worries I enjoyed putting them on myself and will get the torque checked this weekend at our local meet and greet, or mehbe even buy a torque wrench

I was pretty skeptical of the guy who said he suffered body damage too and was asking for details, no reply yet. perhaps he was one wiht just two mounts

Unread 04-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #12
dsjk
2011 JK Wrangler 

ACE is my vote
[CENTER][URL="http://www.rockkrawler.com/?r_intro=1"][FONT="Arial Black"][B][COLOR="Black"]ROCK KRAWLER[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL] [URL="http://www.4x4spod.com/"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]S-POD[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL] [URL="http://www.milemarker.com/"][FONT="Impact"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]MILE MARKER[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/"][FONT="Fixedsys"][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]A.C.E.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=voodooJK;11973781]Something you said after the fact exposed that part of me... like a catholic school girl normally would.[/QUOTE]
dsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #13
jdog1065
2010 JK Wrangler 

Jason,
Thanks for replying and letting me know they will work together. If/when I order and install them I'll post some pics!!

and have an awesome weekend!!
Unread 04-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #14
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Great! Let us know if we can help!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
Unread 04-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #15
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

update, mine flexed into the pinch seam this weekend and made a wee dent. I just went to HF and bought a torque wrench I checked the bolts on the trail after and they were loose......

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.