ABS question - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-03-2006, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Existence
2007 JK Wrangler 

ABS question

Hi guys,

The one concern I have with the JK is the ABS on rough conditions. All the other cars I have driven with ABS don't brake so well on rough sand roads. Has Jeep "detuned" the ABS to perform in the rough?

There are two types of pedestrians, the quick and the dead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Hip2u77
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existence
Hi guys,

The one concern I have with the JK is the ABS on rough conditions. All the other cars I have driven with ABS don't brake so well on rough sand roads. Has Jeep "detuned" the ABS to perform in the rough?

Yeah, It allows more lock up in 4 wheel drive. All the systems (ABS, Stability, etc.) are all tuned differently for 2wd, 4wd high, and 4wd low.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Karamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip2u77
Yeah, It allows more lock up in 4 wheel drive. All the systems (ABS, Stability, etc.) are all tuned differently for 2wd, 4wd high, and 4wd low.
And that is the beauty of computer controls. Knock on electronics all you want - but how else can you get one relatively simple system (ABS sensors, computer and brake actuators) performing so many duties (ABS, traction control/limited slip, stability control) in such a variety of conditions (highway, off-road).

Now all we need is to switch to electric drive - no complex transmissions, flat torque from 0 to max...
post #4 of 4 Old 10-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Hip2u77
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamba
And that is the beauty of computer controls. Knock on electronics all you want - but how else can you get one relatively simple system (ABS sensors, computer and brake actuators) performing so many duties (ABS, traction control/limited slip, stability control) in such a variety of conditions (highway, off-road).

Now all we need is to switch to electric drive - no complex transmissions, flat torque from 0 to max...
I agree completely. An electric drive system would be waaay better than a tranny. Someone say torque??? For those that don't know. . . go look at what drives a train.

Not to mention if the gas motor was used as a generator for those electric motors. "Honey. . . power's out again." "Oh, Ok, I'll go fire up our new 2020 XYZ Wrangler and plug the house in . . ."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.