ABS light(can you clean the sensor) also ESP/bas - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > ABS light(can you clean the sensor) also ESP/bas

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 03-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

ABS light(can you clean the sensor) also ESP/bas

I broke my axle 2 days ago and had to take the abs sensor off to change the axle.. I was a little bit rough with the sensor and probably got it dirty!! So my ABS light is now on any one know if the sensor can be cleaned.

Also is that sensor correlated to the ESP/BAS light because its on as well. My steering was jacked to the right but I straightened it out!!! any help would be appreciated thanks!!

jeepbronco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
Seanie
2007 JK Wrangler 

Yes, the computer uses the ABS sensors to help with ESP. I'm not sure about BAS. How were you rough with it?When you replace the axle, you don't have to take it completely out of the hole in the back of the assembly, just enough to get it out of the way. Try gently cleaning it with some water. It gets dirty anyways, but you might have gotten something on it. Make sure the wires are connected all the way too.
Seanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #3
toyota4x405
2007 JK Wrangler 

Have you straightened your steering wheel yet? If so, just unplug the negative cable for about 30 min, then after a few drives it will automatically go off. If you haven't straightened your steering wheel yet, Get under your JK, and look for your drag link. There is a collar with 2 bolts in it. Loosen them and turn the collar. You will be amazed how much a little turn on the collar will turn the steering wheel. Here is a picture. It is in the top left of the picture.
Green Jeep Club Member #254

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Jeep Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTJ View Post
'REAL Jeepers don`t cry about other Jeepers not waving at them!'
toyota4x405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
Seanie
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota4x405 View Post
Have you straightened your steering wheel yet? If so, just unplug the negative cable for about 30 min, then after a few drives it will automatically go off. If you haven't straightened your steering wheel yet, Get under your JK, and look for your drag link. There is a collar with 2 bolts in it. Loosen them and turn the collar. You will be amazed how much a little turn on the collar will turn the steering wheel. Here is a picture. It is in the top left of the picture.
Of course, you mean top right?
Unread 03-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #5
toyota4x405
2007 JK Wrangler 

Oh yea, sorry. A little too many of these already.

Quote:
Unread 03-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellanaesp View Post
Yes, the computer uses the ABS sensors to help with ESP. I'm not sure about BAS. How were you rough with it?When you replace the axle, you don't have to take it completely out of the hole in the back of the assembly, just enough to get it out of the way. Try gently cleaning it with some water. It gets dirty anyways, but you might have gotten something on it. Make sure the wires are connected all the way too.

had to remove the entire assembly I broke inner and outer shafts and the ujoint somehow pressed out the lower ball joint.... that being said i kinda bent the sensor pulling it out... Some one asked if the steering wheel is has been corrected and it has.. I already adjusted it looks to be lined up I havent drove it more than 5 minutes...so when I go to work tomorrow will see if it goes off that being the esp/bas light.... for the abs light I might need to clean or replace it.... Ive heard of extra brake wear and such ..whats everyone think on that it doesnt pull or drive erratic at all....
Unread 03-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #7
wTheOnew
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbronco1 View Post
had to remove the entire assembly I broke inner and outer shafts and the ujoint somehow pressed out the lower ball joint.... that being said i kinda bent the sensor pulling it out... Some one asked if the steering wheel is has been corrected and it has.. I already adjusted it looks to be lined up I havent drove it more than 5 minutes...so when I go to work tomorrow will see if it goes off that being the esp/bas light.... for the abs light I might need to clean or replace it.... Ive heard of extra brake wear and such ..whats everyone think on that it doesnt pull or drive erratic at all....
If the system notices that something's out of wack it should just ignore it. I know when my wheel wasn't centered and the ESP/BAS light came on SOLID it shut the systems off. It's only doing something when it's blinking.
. .
wTheOnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 08:50 PM   #8
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

cool thanks for the info
Unread 03-02-2010, 11:52 PM   #9
Seanie
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbronco1 View Post
The extra brake wear is on the rear pads and is from BAS. So, since it should be disabled, your brakes will last longer. That's a plus!
Unread 03-03-2010, 06:41 AM   #10
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

true true . thats a good way to look at it
Unread 03-03-2010, 07:23 AM   #11
toyota4x405
2007 JK Wrangler 

Jeepbronco, it took a couple of days before mine went off. I even work 20 miles from home. So take the negative off the battery, then drive it around for a few days before you start looking at something else.

Quote:
Unread 03-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #12
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Alright I'll keep it in mind . Only thing is if the abs light us some how interconnected with the ESP/bas light , I'll need to clean or replace the sensor...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.