ABS(Brake) Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > ABS(Brake) Problem

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 06-13-2007, 08:07 AM   #1
JKISTHEBEST

ABS(Brake) Problem

When going down a hill & coming up the other side of the hilll/grade to a Stop Sign or Red Light the Brake pedal stops(very hard) & ABS kick's in like on ICE but it's 90 degree's out.(always same 2 location's) Very Very spooky because it doesn't happen all the time, like Russian roulette, just don't know when the chamber has one in it. Any TSB Info would be great, I have an appointment this Friday, and they want me replicate this problem, "nope", they would have to come to work with me everyday and might not do this when they're in my JK. If anyone had their's Flashed and fixed this problem, this info would help me a great deal at my Dealer, Thank You....
Everything else is flawless on this GEM.....love it....

Rescue Green Unlimited X

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JKISTHEBEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #2
chasew

there is a recall for the abs systems starting feb 19 2007 bring it to the dealer and have them check to see if your jeep is under that recall
chasew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2007, 05:03 AM   #3
JKISTHEBEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasew
there is a recall for the abs systems starting feb 19 2007 bring it to the dealer and have them check to see if your jeep is under that recall
Thx Chasew,.....yesterday I checked my VIN (((last 8 #)) on the JEEP Site and no Recall that showed up for my Vehicle ......It's going in tomorrow morning and I will beat them up on to get something done,...tell them that my JK is acting exactly the way the
Re-Call is written.
Unread 06-14-2007, 05:06 AM   #4
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKISTHEBEST
Thx Chasew,.....yesterday I checked my VIN (((last 8 #)) on the JEEP Site and no Recall that showed up for my Vehicle ......It's going in tomorrow morning and I will beat them up on to get something done,...tell them that my JK is acting exactly the way the
Re-Call is written.
I have not found info on Jeep dot com either but check out this web page

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk/jeep-j...ls/brakes-tsb/

And here

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk/jeep-jk-tsb-recalls/

IT'S A JEEP THING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraexplorer
Thanks, if it is that good than I'm sure that they can't sell it in California. Everything else is illegal in this state except the illegalsl
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2007, 05:46 AM   #5
JKISTHEBEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Jeep
I have not found info on Jeep dot com either but check out this web page

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk/jeep-j...ls/brakes-tsb/

And here

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk/jeep-jk-tsb-recalls/
Thx JK_JEEP,...I printed that whole ABS Re-call write-up out yesterday along with a few other guy's that had or have the exact thing happen to them,.. Give it to them tomorrow morning so they have something to work with.
ABS Break Problem?

3 different guy's with Same problem,,,below..
1>... 3 separeate times i have been approaching a stop sign going uphill about 15 mph, and hit the brakes...and the ABS kick on. and i let off them and they are fine. but it feels like i'm sliding on ice, and its 80 degrees out.
I took it into the dealer and they obviously couldn't replicate the problem. and said everything tests and checks out ok.
Anyone have this problem or anyting.
Has only happened in one intersection, 3 times. Nothing special about the road, even pavement, residential neighborhood, no paint nothing...baffles me. can't get it to do it everytime in that intersection either.

Tsb 08-053-06
----------------------
2> Just got back from the dealer asking for tsb 18-036-06 because of clock/MIL et all... and also asked for help fixing a problem I experienced last night returning from work. I applied the brake at about 30mph and there was no power behind the pedal (the pedal was hard, as if I had been pumping it while the engine was off). Immediately thereafter, I felt the antilock brakes kick in and, white knuckled, stopped the car in the nick of time. When I got the car back, about 30 minutes later, the guy said they found a tsb that included my radio issue as well as the braking issue. Great, but I cannot find the tsb they referenced anywhere. (TSB 08-053-06).

So - anyone know anything about tsb 08-053-06? Or do you think all of this is in my head and the dealer just made those #'s up?

3> Drove fine, but when I tried to stop at a redlight about a mile from the house, I stepped on the brakes and there was NOTHING. I was only going about 35mph. I cut the wheel to the right and really stomped the brake, and then I believe the antilock did engage and I stopped w/o incident.
Unread 06-14-2007, 05:59 AM   #6
Joec

Try here: http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-tsb-re...-while-driving
2007 JK Unlimited Rubicon - Greystone, Auto, Power, Tow, Leather seats, Pneumatic Lumbar support, Seat Heat, GENTEX autodim mirror w/ map lights - temp - compass, AEM CAI, COOL TECH antenna mount, THULE Rack, CIBIE, Fuel Door, Grab Handles, Tuffy Trunk/Console/Overhead, Grill mod, Olympic Reversa bars,COOL TECH Magnaflow exhaust, Parking sensors,HESCO Supercharger
1972 C104 Commando - Stock
Joec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 06:05 PM   #7
pjfan

Same thing is happening to me. Have they found a solution?
pjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 08:10 PM   #8
nam6869usmc
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjfan
Same thing is happening to me. Have they found a solution?
Yes they have, fought with DC over this for quite a while , I did replicate the exact problem your having while the Service Foreman ride with me, he was shocked but I was happy. He contacted the Engineer out of Philly, Pa. and he made them send a new ABS Control Module with a fix already on it. This what the repair Invoice say's below
<FP Number (( 5KL74DX9-AC)) DISCRIPTION > OUTLET-HE
The Tech Engineers put a fix on a new ABS Module with the same problem discribed by me and the Service Mech Foreman. Went to Campjeep no problems and back home now no problems even on the same hills going & coming from work. I'm still punchie but it seems fixed finally. If need be, have your dealer call & talk to Scott the Shop Foreman, My name is Jim ................reference me.
I know how you & your wife is feeling, very spooky anytime using the brakes.
Brenner Chrysler Jeep
6039 Carlisle Pike
Mechanicsburg, Pa. 17055
717-766-7686

Last edited by nam6869usmc; 08-01-2007 at 06:17 AM..
nam6869usmc is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.