About to get a new 2013 JK - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > About to get a new 2013 JK

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #16
Tbasham
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySwiz View Post
On the topic 2013 wranglers...do all soft tops from previous 07-current wrangler fit one?
The top changed in 2011. The side windows are the same otherwise I think the new top 2011+ have a slightly wider rear window

Tbasham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:30 AM   #17
MrFusion
2012 JK Wrangler 

I paid 23300 for everything on a 2012 Sport. Has the 17" wheels, AC, leather wrap steering wheel, remote door locks and power windows. I did not get a hard top which I kind of regret now. Soft top has been fine so far this winter though.
MrFusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #18
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

Soft top should be fine, I have both for my 04 and the hard top sits on a shelf in the garage year round. MY 12 came with just the hard top, I have left it on thru the winter, just bought the soft top for it and as soon as it warms up and I have some help to take the hard top off it will also sit on the shelf.

Dan nj/pa
djm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #19
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
No, You get the tax advantage. Buy without trade-in pay sales tax on 24k. Buy with trade-in pay sales tax on difference. Dealers make most of their money on financing. You can get the same deal up front with or without financing always negotiate cash price, don't let them switch you to payment discussion. Check with your bank or online for the interest rate you can get. Then don't let dealer charge you higher than that. when we bought ours in December I knew my interest rate. Dealer tried to sign me up for a loan 3 points higher, when I told them I'd be back from bank with a check for the jeep, they dropped the rate to match. Had I signed the higher loan through them they would have made more on the financing than the sale.
As long as you sell your vehicle within (I think) 90 days, you still only pay sales tax on the difference. You don't have to trade in to get this.
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #20
BobbySwiz
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbasham View Post

The top changed in 2011. The side windows are the same otherwise I think the new top 2011+ have a slightly wider rear window
Hmm, so will older top fit then? Just different windows which means main top will fit?
Unread 01-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #21
robvb525
2014 KL Cherokee 

i would go for sport s, i would think you'd regret not having the options..if you have any doubts that you want the options, then do it.

do you have to have a new 13? i spent a few months looking and was able to find a 12 at an independant dealer. scored a great deal, as it already took its hit when it rolled off the lot last year. i just missed a 12 sport s back in december by a few hours, but scored a 12 sahara few weeks ago. worth the wait and work if your not 100% needing a new JK. factory warranty transferred to me as well. if your into this, the scenario you want is: someone trading their 12 into a non-jeep dealership. for example, in my situation, range rover will only have range rovers on their lot. they sold it cheap to an independant dealership, and i was able to score it cheap too. if my sahara was at a jeep dealership they would have priced it $3500-$4000 more, as they can slap a pretty 'certified pre-owned' sticker on it.
Unread 01-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #22
RVator

Any of the Jk soft tops will work but you have to have all of the door surrounds. 07-09 tops tuck into the door surrounds 2010 11 use a cable system ,easier to fold, and 12 13 have a bigger back window. As long as you get all the parts it will work.
RVator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.