8700 Evolution JW - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 8700 Evolution JW

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-14-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
Bruby0605

8700 Evolution JW

I know this might be a little premature, but does anybody have any positive feedback on the new JW LED headlamp? They say it's a direct plug-and-play kit, no grinding and it will bolt right in. I really kind of want to put this headlamp with an Oracle halo ring on my Orange crush Jk

Bruby0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
MrFusion
2012 JK Wrangler 

Need more info to decide

I think that the previous JW 8700 that required modifications for the install were a big improvement over the stock headlights. I'd love to give the Evolutions a try but they are quite pricey. I think I also read that there was a flicker issue on the older JW 8700's when installed in a Jeep. I think I will wait to see what issues, if any, still exist.
For the money, I want them to really be plug-n-play!
MrFusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #3
Bruby0605

They have done away with the fan feature which would melt snow and ice allowing it to fit without any cutting. It looks like the only other requirement would be their wireing harness.
I think they look bomb and it looks relatively easy to install. My only question really is longevity.
Bruby0605 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.