8.93% interest on a lease from Chrysler Financial?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 8.93% interest on a lease from Chrysler Financial?!

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 02-28-2007, 11:18 AM   #1
sdebol
2010 JK Wrangler 

8.93% interest on a lease from Chrysler Financial?!

Just ran some numbers on a Sahara Unlimited 4x4 with one of the largest Jeep dealers in the Minneapolis area.

Options, including automatic, dual top, side air bags, anti-spin dif, 18" wheels, trailer tow, and 6 disc MP3/Sirius brought the MSRP to $31,390. There was no haggling--he said they're having no trouble selling them and that they're turning away other dealerships trying to buy their inventory virtually every day...

The residual for 3yr/15K miles per year was $21031 (67%--pretty good), but the money factor was 0.00372, which is 8.93%!

Does anyone know if CF is using a higher interest rate on Wranglers because they are so popular right now or is this just the going rate on any of their new leases right now (the salesman didn't know)? They hadn't run my credit yet so I'm assuming they were quoting the best rate.

Also, this salesman said a Friends and Family number would be applicable to a new Wrangler if I ordered one, and he quoted a substantial discount (almost $2600). I thought I had read on the forum that these types of discounts weren't available.

Anyway, looks like I'm waiting until at least summer or fall in the hopes that the market will cool off a bit. I'm not too optimistic.

Regards,
Steve

sdebol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
kscobra2004
2007 JK Wrangler 

I think DC is just high, I got mine at over 9%, and I am considered a A- customer. Or maybe that is bs also. I will be refinancing after my first payment with my credit union. They will be able to cut off about 4%.
kscobra2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2007, 01:40 PM   #3
tx-Skydiver
1979 CJ5 

Leasing is such a scam. I wish they would come out with a SmartBuy type of program. If you can buy one, do it. Iy is one of the best investments for an auto. Jeeps and Harleys always keep good value.
tx-Skydiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2007, 05:11 PM   #4
4-cubed

I went in to purchase and the dealer offered me Invoice if I bought through Chrysler and he said they could finance me for 9%-11%. I know my credit score is pretty high and that rate was crazy, so I ended up going to a different dealer and paid a higher price but financed it through my bank for 6.7% and a lower initiation fee. Ended up saving about $100 per month.
4-cubed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2007, 08:50 PM   #5
tx-Skydiver
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-cubed
I went in to purchase and the dealer offered me Invoice if I bought through Chrysler and he said they could finance me for 9%-11%. I know my credit score is pretty high and that rate was crazy, so I ended up going to a different dealer and paid a higher price but financed it through my bank for 6.7% and a lower initiation fee. Ended up saving about $100 per month.
Could have done their deal, then immediately refi'd with your bank. You would have had the best of both worlds. Something to think about for next time.
tx-Skydiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2007, 09:15 AM   #6
CJATE

I always secure financing from someone else, several on the internet, then keep it in my back pocket and my moth shut, let the dealer do his thing.

Twice, the dealer came 2pts or more of his “best” to match what I had in my pocket.,
35's, fenders cut
bad paint
leaks just about everything
CJATE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.