75K, New Ball Joints and Shocks..wow - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 75K, New Ball Joints and Shocks..wow

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #1
HeavyMetl

75K, New Ball Joints and Shocks..wow

My 2007 Rubicon was getting to the point it was nearly dangerous to drive. Teraflex 2.5 spring lift, plain ol' Cooper AT3's for street driving..with occasional death wobble and always flighty steering.

I used to live in Colorado and spent A LOT of miles beating up my Jeep on the trails in CO and Moab and I figured that accelerated the wear. I replaced the ball joints with the Alloy USA pieces and picked up a new set of take-off Rubicon shocks for $120.

UNREAL difference. I feel like I've got a new Jeep. The factory ball joints were shot and just replacing those changed everything. Now I have not even a hint of DW or steering wheel shake and couldn't be happier. Too bad I'm in Ohio now and trail riding like I grew accustomed to is just a distant memory...

Unread 04-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #2
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

It IS simply amazing how (especially) suspension performance degradation sneaks up on a double live axle suspension...
Unread 04-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #3
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

I'm at > 53k just ordered Synergy BJ's Monday. Last time I had it aligned, at around 47k my mechanic said they were just "ok". Yeah, it happens fast from "ok" to crappy.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.