Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

430 cuts out

449 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  R1pilot 
#1 ·
Since day one, my 430 cuts out and then comes back. Like someone hit mute for a second and then it comes back on. Took it to my purchasing dealer, they had it for 1.5 days and couldn't replicate the issue during the 20 mins they drove it. So I put the GoPro on and created videos to show them what it's doing. They now want me to leave it again for 2 days so they can drive it around again to see it for themselves. This is crazy. Anyone else having this issue? Happens when I'm streaming, listening to XM with no pattern or reason. Happens at least once every 30 mins. occasionally I will get back in after it's been sitting and the unit has reset itself.....it's bad enough this system sounds like it came out of a 1972 VW Beetle but I'd like to listen without it dropping. It's a 2017 JKU Willy's.

#4 ·
Andrea,
Thank you for the offer. After having it there once, sharing multiple videos of the issue that clearly show the problem, I cannot understand why I would need to leave my vehicle for another 2 days. If the videos aren't proof enough the unit is defective, I'm not sure what else will.

Dave

#3 ·
My navigation on my 430N has cut in and out since the first year I owned the Jeep. Two different dealerships have taken a look. The first didn't find anything, and the second told me that the radio was throwing a code and needed replaced, but A) there weren't any in stock in the US, and B) it was going cost me an arm and a leg to replace, so I've just lived with it. The 730N in my wife's Grand Cherokee ('13 Overland) will periodically lose all of her presets. And the 730N in our friend's '14 Overland has been replaced twice. Only complaints I've had with any new Jeep products, and a bummer that Jeep won't take care of it.

#5 ·
Interesting that your wife's loses presets occasionally. Mine does the same. I will shut the vehicle off and when I return the unit has reset itself. First couple times I thought maybe that was how it managed updates but the I looked and the version hasn't changed. Definitely a weak spot for them. I would be looking to resource that supplier or start making them pay for the warranty items, time and effort involved until this issue is addressed. I can say I've been a loyal GM owner of many vehicles and never had any issue like this. Has to be a different audio supplier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.