3inch Lift Tire & Winch Suggestions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 3inch Lift Tire & Winch Suggestions

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 10-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
geologymule

3inch Lift Tire & Winch Suggestions

Hello

I have a 2008 4 door Sahara. It came with the 18 inch x 7.5 inch rims, but I bought the 17 inch black rims off of a Rubicon.

I'm thinking about putting a fox mopar three inch dual shock lift kit on it. I'd like to keep the black 17 inch rims, but I'd like to get the biggest possible BFG Mud Terrains I can get based on the rim size and lift. However, I don't want the biggest tires I can get to look stupid because the lift is too high. Would a smaller, say 1.5 inch lift be better?

I don't do a lot of hard core offroading. I like the availability of going off road when I need to whether it is for work, fishing, or hunting. I'm mainly going for looks more than usability.

I also would probably never really need a winch, but I would like to put one on there. The WARN winches seem pretty pricey. I noticed that Quadratec has some pretty cheap. Does anyone have any feedback on any of them? Once again, I would probably never use it other than hanging a deer in a tree.

Any and all advice would be appreciative.

Here is a little video of my current setup, and about as extreme as my off-roading would be considering this is also my primary vehicle.

geologymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
gunbo75

I have a 2.5 coil lift and a 1"spacers all around from teraflex with 34" toyo mt and spider trax1.5 wheel spacers. pavement ends front bumper and a warn vr10,000 wench.
gunbo75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.