38" MT/R-K's? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 38" MT/R-K's?

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #1
Sofarider

38" MT/R-K's?

Anyone have experience with the 38" Goodyear's? Trying to decide between them and the 37" PBR's....

Sofarider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 05:41 AM   #2
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

Unread 08-19-2013, 05:54 AM   #3
MGDWJ
2004 WJ 

Pbr all the way.
Unread 08-19-2013, 06:20 AM   #4
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofarider View Post
Anyone have experience with the 38" Goodyear's? Trying to decide between them and the 37" PBR's....

Not gonna bite, first post and asking about 37's or 38's. My guess, troll from another Wrangler JK forum...

SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
Sofarider

Ha. No troll here. I know the 38's have been impossible to get for the past couple of years but, evidently, they're available now -- I've gotten quotes from three different sources all saying they can have them to me within a day or two. True, this is my first post, I was just seeing if anyone on this forum had ever ran them as no one has on the forum I typically frequent. A 14.5" tire is crazy-wide, just trying to figure out how much is going to have to be cut out to make room. I'm flat-fendered, 3.5" of lift, 17x9 raceline monsters, and would consider a 1" BL if I absolutely had to.

Last edited by Sofarider; 08-19-2013 at 10:07 AM..
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #6
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

What size axle assemblies are you running? What size lift? Brakes? Steering? Driveshafts? Intended use?
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #7
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Are 37s not cool anymore?
awinski is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #8
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Check with Dennis Wood at Teraflex. He runs the 38s on his Hemi JKUR. Bear in mind he has Tera axles front & rear (44 / 60).
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #9
Sofarider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
Check with Dennis Wood at Teraflex. He runs the 38s on his Hemi JKUR. Bear in mind he has Tera axles front & rear (44 / 60).
I will, thanks for the contact.
Unread 08-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #10
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

We run the MTRK's in a 40x1350x17 on our 2013 JKU. They work well. I am sure the 38's would be the same deal. The Rockers are nice but they are HEAVY! If your going to DD this any, I would run the MTRK's over the Rockers.

We have free shipping on them so let us know if there is anything we can do to help!!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.