37's on an Unlimited with a 4" Lift anyone? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 37's on an Unlimited with a 4" Lift anyone?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 06-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #1
PSYCH0
2009 JK Wrangler 

37's on an Unlimited with a 4" Lift anyone?

Have an Unlimited X package with a 4" lift, 4.88 gears and currently running 35's. Would 37's be too much for this set up?

Unread 06-07-2008, 04:07 PM   #2
scrogg
2007 JK Wrangler 

How much lift did you actually get out of the 4" lift? Supposedly you can fit 37's under a 4" lift. But if 4" is how much actual lift you got, then you would more than likely have rubbing issues. You would more than likely need to trim the pinch seam in the front of the rear wheel well, and look for rubbing elsewhere.

I am running 37" tires myself with a 4" Teraflex lift. But in the rear I have a pair of 2.5" BB spacers and in the front I have a set of ACOS Pros. So when all said and done I am about 7.25" total suspension lift. After some bumpstop tweeking I am now able to run and flex the 37" tires without any adverse rubbing issues and I haven't done any trimming.
scrogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2008, 06:52 PM   #3
Slenny
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrogg View Post
How much lift did you actually get out of the 4" lift? Supposedly you can fit 37's under a 4" lift. But if 4" is how much actual lift you got, then you would more than likely have rubbing issues. You would more than likely need to trim the pinch seam in the front of the rear wheel well, and look for rubbing elsewhere.

I am running 37" tires myself with a 4" Teraflex lift. But in the rear I have a pair of 2.5" BB spacers and in the front I have a set of ACOS Pros. So when all said and done I am about 7.25" total suspension lift. After some bumpstop tweeking I am now able to run and flex the 37" tires without any adverse rubbing issues and I haven't done any trimming.
That is a sweet Jeep you have. Can you post more pics
Slenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2008, 08:11 PM   #4
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

here is my friend. Rubi on 37's with Teraflex 4" lift. He said he really got more like 4.5" out of it in the front with the AEV bumper, close to 5" in the rear.

Unread 06-07-2008, 08:13 PM   #5
PSYCH0
2009 JK Wrangler 

Very nice jeep! I have my pinch welds trimmed already and I have 2" spacers for front and rear (if needed) but I don't have adjustable control arms only adjustable track bars.
Unread 06-09-2008, 10:08 AM   #6
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Any more advice on this subject? I'm in the same boat as SickBoy and would like to know more.

Also is there a good writeup anywhere on trimming the pinch seams?
DeepSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #7
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

a saw and a steady hand. Cut the pinch seam at an angle. I would suggest them giving the metal a nice coat of primer and/or paint.
Unread 06-09-2008, 10:59 AM   #8
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJerm View Post
a saw and a steady hand. Cut the pinch seam at an angle. I would suggest them giving the metal a nice coat of primer and/or paint.
Doing so won't mess with the 'structural' integrity of that area?

Also I have an angle grinder and a dremel. Which would you recommend?
DeepSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2008, 11:09 AM   #9
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSky View Post
Doing so won't mess with the 'structural' integrity of that area?

Also I have an angle grinder and a dremel. Which would you recommend?
You will not loose the structural integrity of the area by cutting back about 1.5" at an angle. I use a angle grinder with a cutting wheel as well as a 90* grinder wih a cutting wheel to trim corners of the body and bumpers. I then will finish them off with a file if need be on plastic mostly.
VegasJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.