35" Tires won't work even with a 2.5" lift? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 35" Tires won't work even with a 2.5" lift?

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 04-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #16
joecatch
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubAtomicGenius View Post
2.5" will fit 35s easy. To go with 33"s or 35"s is personal preference. Each has their benefits and drawbacks. If you get new tires, make sure the stock rim width is suitable for the brand of tire that you choose.

PS. Your salesman is a moron.
Yes, the big decision about tire size is this is my main winter vehicle. I don't want to go with tires that will screw up my winter driving so I probably can't go with mud type tires or really big tires that float or whose rubber compound is no good at low temps.

joecatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #17
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Well, you sound like you're being practical about your DD and IMHO you're certainly on the right track. While they might be great offroad, Mud tires blow goats on snow and ice - though I drive with my MTs all year round - they certainly affect my driving style when it is cold out. Most MTs are wide and hard like you said - not good winter tires at all.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 04:45 PM   #18
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

as stated your dealer is an idiot. I ran 37s on 2" of lift no problems.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 04:46 PM   #19
Tragyn
Registered LUser

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, you sound like you're being practical about your DD and IMHO you're certainly on the right track. While they might be great offroad, Mud tires blow goats on snow and ice - though I drive with my MTs all year round - they certainly affect my driving style when it is cold out. Most MTs are wide and hard like you said - not good winter tires at all.
They're not ideal but it's not a deal breaker, either. I was driving on MT's throughout the duration of this Canadian winter. It sucked sometimes, but I got through with no major issues.
Tragyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #20
jm708
2014 JK Wrangler 

Ive had mine on for about a week. Rims are just over 4 BS. True they will rub like crazy without a lift and flexing but with just normal driving the only rubbing Ive had is with the air dam. My BB is sitting in the garage. Just waiting for time to get put in.
jeep.jpg

jm708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #21
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragyn View Post
They're not ideal but it's not a deal breaker, either. I was driving on MT's throughout the duration of this Canadian winter. It sucked sometimes, but I got through with no major issues.
I keep thinking that it would suck to get into a smack-up and have the insurance blame the incident on the tires. I'm afraid of someone pulling out in front or cutting me off, so I'm extra cautious and mindful, especially when there is ice on the road. Even the ABS can't do much with a four-square-foot MT footprint on the road. I still won't take them off during the winter, though.
Unread 04-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #22
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

How could they blame the tires? They're DOT rated tires and approved by the NHTSA. You're legally protected on all fronts

Unread 04-17-2014, 09:40 PM   #23
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Spyder6! Haven't seen you around in a bit!

Naw, there is Canadian law to run winters on our insurance, I am sure of it.
Unread 04-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #24
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

I forget you're in canadia

Unread 04-17-2014, 11:56 PM   #25
avatheredjeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

The least amount of backspacing that you have the better, I have ATX slab beadlocks running 3.5" of BS with 35s and no lift, I just had to do minimal trimming of the pinch seams and rocker guards. Throw on some bump stops and call it good until you get your lift.
1795521_10152280013398044_88416888_n.jpg  
avatheredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2014, 03:42 AM   #26
Tragyn
Registered LUser

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Spyder6! Haven't seen you around in a bit!

Naw, there is Canadian law to run winters on our insurance, I am sure of it.
Depends on where you are. I know they're mandatory in Quebec, but here in Ontario they're still optional. For now.
Tragyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2014, 06:52 AM   #27
nhfd01

2013 JK Wrangler 

image-2496919674.jpg

Teraflex 2.5 coil lift and 35's no problems what so ever. I wheel hard in the mud. Backspacing 4.56 rugged ridge wheels
nhfd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2014, 07:16 AM   #28
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

35s 2.5" lift works fine.
image.jpg

Unread 04-18-2014, 08:04 AM   #29
ancientspear
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Depends on where you are. I know they're mandatory in Quebec, but here in Ontario they're still optional. For now.
MB optional too but they're talking about adding a cash back incentive program for changing over as it would save our Provincial insurer money in the end if we used them.
Quote:
Look it up, in Winnipeg we were colder than Mars this year had all sorts of cold and icy conditions and my stock Rubicon tires did well at full 37 psi. Sure I left ESP on and did not drive like an idiot but it's not nearly as sketchy as 99.999% of the people out there would have you believe.

Also, don't rush into new tires from the dealership, chances are they will cost A LOT more and limit your selection.
ancientspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #30
TeamFirenze
2012 JK Wrangler 

Just put the 2.5 AEV on with 35" KM2s. Only rubbing during normal driving is a slight rub when I full lock to the left. I have to check that out. Will probably touch the fenders but I haven't had a chance to check full stuff yet.
TeamFirenze is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.