33s or 35s with 4.10s? opinions please! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 33s or 35s with 4.10s? opinions please!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSpiderwebshade @ JeepHut.com

Unread 07-23-2010, 03:17 PM   #31
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Heh Heh, no doubt--what tire pressure do you use when you go off-road??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryJK4455 View Post
I agree that he could wheel it like it is... But that is not what he asked... And Big 33's are pretty much super swampers and they still only usually measure a true 33 or a 34 maybe depending on which model you get... My 35's measure a 34 and 1/2 on a 9 inch rim...
If you drop to 12/14psi, then your 35's are at about 32", right??, why'd you get 35's ??

My 33\", which are actually 33.2 at 30psi and they're not swampers !!

I'm just commenting on the statement that, "you NEED 35's/34's to go wheeling, thats BS !!

We all wheel in different environments and with a jeep, you don't "NEED" anymore than you want, for YOUR JEEP--RIGHT !!

JIMBO

JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #32
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
Heh Heh, no doubt--what tire pressure do you use when you go off-road??

If you drop to 12/14psi, then your 35's are at about 32", right??, why'd you get 35's ??

My 33\", which are actually 33.2 at 30psi and they're not swampers !!

I'm just commenting on the statement that, "you NEED 35's/34's to go wheeling, thats BS !!

We all wheel in different environments and with a jeep, you don't "NEED" anymore than you want, for YOUR JEEP--RIGHT !!

JIMBO
Absolutely correct... I agree with you on that subject... I never said that you NEED 35's to wheel... And the reason you need gears has more to do than just the diameter of you tire its also the weight of the tire... My tire does not get lighter when I lower the pressure, it simply gets a flat spot on the bottom of it... And by your terms... all you should ever need to be satisfied is a 31 because whenever YOU lower the pressure in YOUR tire according to YOU its only about a 31... SO why even go to 33's?

I told him that if he gets 33's then he will regret it if he is thinking about 35's... I know this from personal experience... You are arguing with numbers and MANY peoples personal experiences... Why dont you just give it up
MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #33
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

All right, this topic is dead

QUOTE=MilitaryJK4455;9839321]Absolutely correct... I agree with you on that subject... I never said that you NEED 35's to wheel... And the reason you need gears has more to do than just the diameter of you tire its also the weight of the tire... My tire does not get lighter when I lower the pressure, it simply gets a flat spot on the bottom of it... And by your terms... all you should ever need to be satisfied is a 31 because whenever YOU lower the pressure in YOUR tire according to YOU its only about a 31... SO why even go to 33's?

I told him that if he gets 33's then he will regret it if he is thinking about 35's... I know this from personal experience... You are arguing with numbers and MANY peoples personal experiences... Why dont you just give it up [/QUOTE]

This is my last entry on this thread, I will just suffer thru my miserable trailer/off-road travel with these poor little 33" tires

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #34
Crasher
1997 ZJ 

One more observation, as if one was needed. When measuring the true usefull diameter of a tire, you just need to know the distance from the ground up to the center of the hub and multiply by 2. No matter what the tire says, that is the rolling diameter the drivetrain is supporting. My 305X75R17s calculate to 34.2", but at 28 psi it measures 16" from the ground up to the hub. 16X2=32"s. That is what I put in with my superchip and the speedo is right on with the GPS. If I carried more pressure, my rolling diameter would increase. I'm guessing that the stock BFG MTs that are supposed to be 32", measure 15" from the ground to the hub carring 35psi. I know this to be true, because I gained 1" of clearance when I put the MTRs on.

Just another observation.
97 ZJ 5.2, 3.8 Atlas TC, 488s, 8.8 rear w/ARB locker, hp30 w/Oxlocker, Alloys F&R, 35" KM2s, 7" Clayton L A, ARB Bull Bar/Warn, ProtoFab w/ tire carrier, Clayton skid, rock sliders, ORO dual rate Swaybar, Redneck steering assist

97 TJ Juggy, 350 V8, 700R4, D60, 14 bolt, locked, 14" ORI Struts, 113" wb, 42" Pit Bulls, Stazworks beadlocks, F&R winches, caged, Anti-Rock, PSI full hyd steering,
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #35
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
All right, this topic is dead

QUOTE=MilitaryJK4455;9839321]Absolutely correct... I agree with you on that subject... I never said that you NEED 35's to wheel... And the reason you need gears has more to do than just the diameter of you tire its also the weight of the tire... My tire does not get lighter when I lower the pressure, it simply gets a flat spot on the bottom of it... And by your terms... all you should ever need to be satisfied is a 31 because whenever YOU lower the pressure in YOUR tire according to YOU its only about a 31... SO why even go to 33's?

I told him that if he gets 33's then he will regret it if he is thinking about 35's... I know this from personal experience... You are arguing with numbers and MANY peoples personal experiences... Why dont you just give it up
This is my last entry on this thread, I will just suffer thru my miserable trailer/off-road travel with these poor little 33" tires

JIMBO[/QUOTE]

I am not saying that anything is wrong with 33's... If that is all that you want/need then that is a fine size tire that is cheap and plenty capable...If that was all that he wanted/needed then he would not ask about a 35 though... He more than likely asked because he wants a 35 but was worried that it would cause problems with his current gear set up... But it will not... That is all that was meant by my entire argument, for some reason, it took you the entire thread to figure that out (or give up) or either you just like seeing how many different ways Ill explain a simple concept if you continue to disagree with me...
Unread 07-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #36
drowe303
2007 JK Wrangler 

bushwacker flares..
drowe303 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2010, 08:16 PM   #37
andrew c
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing... Why not say a mustang or a camaro or even a WRX... i mean come on... A HONDA!??!

I actually just traded up a 2002 z28 6 speed for this jeep. haha loved the speed, but i just missed 4wd too much!
andrew c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2010, 08:19 AM   #38
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe303 View Post
bushwacker flares..
Yeah... The way I see it... You can either fill up the fender wells with rubber or plastic.... All ya'll know my stance on flares...

Unread 07-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #39
fan45acp
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew c View Post
Thanks guys! im going to 4 wheel parts to pick up a 2.5 procomp coil, and 35 inch km2s!
Andrew,I just put a set of KM2's on.They are @34 1/4" (35/12.50/17) and I love em.Your 4.10's should be ok.Good Luck and have fun in the High Country.
fan45acp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2010, 03:32 PM   #40
fan45acp
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah... The way I see it... You can either fill up the fender wells with rubber or plastic.... All ya'll know my stance on flares...

Military, I just knew that Jeep got cleaned up now and then.NICE RIG bud...J.H...
fan45acp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2010, 05:04 PM   #41
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan45acp View Post
Military, I just knew that Jeep got cleaned up now and then.NICE RIG bud...J.H...
Actually, its a lot dirtier than you can tell in that pic but I do like it clean just as much as I like it dirty
Unread 07-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #42
andrew c
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan45acp View Post
Andrew,I just put a set of KM2's on.They are @34 1/4" (35/12.50/17) and I love em.Your 4.10's should be ok.Good Luck and have fun in the High Country.
thanks! i sure will! i am picking them up at 2 on monday after i pick someone up from dallas. i leave for Colorado in 2 weeks...I CANNOT WAIT!
andrew c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2010, 03:01 PM   #43
Rustler55
2008 JK Wrangler 

I had 3.21 gears in mine and I really like the 4.88 regar granny 1st gear lots of power and I can cruise 70mph @ 2700 rpm...........Tires measure 34.25 Goodyear 35 12.50 15

My 3.21 were dogs with the 34" tires.

Unread 07-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #44
panman
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew c View Post
I just bought a 2007 2 dr x, 6 speed, with 4.10 gears. i am buying a lift and gears this weekend and i need some opinions. i am keeping the 4.10s, so should i get 33s, or 35s? i am going to be driving it from Tx to Colorado to drive trails for a week and im concerned about power and mpg with 35s. im a college student and cant waste money experimenting! opinions PLEASE!
33's for 4.10s are max tire size.
panman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2010, 03:06 PM   #45
panman
1994 YJ Wrangler 

33's are the max for the gears. 35's would be like filling the cab with everything possible for weight.
panman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
33" tires , 35" tires , 4.10 gears , gear tire question , JK Wrangler , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.