315/70/17 Spare Tire Stock Wheel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 315/70/17 Spare Tire Stock Wheel

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High ClearanRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.com

Unread 03-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
tnpopatop
2012 JK Wrangler 

315/70/17 Spare Tire Stock Wheel

315/70/17 Tire mounted on stock sport aluminum wheel could not get it to mount on the spare tire carrier. Looks like it would have worked if I had proper backspacing. What do I do? Any way to get a single wheel spacer? I have seen spare tire spacers but the ones I have seen raise the tire and set it back and I don't think that is needed. If I could just space it back a little looks like it would just sit on the bumper and 3rd brake light could be seen. What have others done in this situation? I know I should get a bumper w/ tire carrier but lift and tires got me hurting for money for awhile.

tnpopatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Is google blocked on your computer? Tons of solutions by searching "jk spare wheel spacer"
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 02:17 AM   #3
RagtagGuy
2005 WK 

ebay had millions of single spacers
autozone
etc
RagtagGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #4
tnpopatop
2012 JK Wrangler 

oh yeah I searched forum and Google before posting. Searched forum 3 different keywords and went through the first 4 pages without solution.
tnpopatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Here is one, from Teraflex, they make great stuff. But you do pay for it.

http://www.teraflex.biz/teraflex-jk-...ing-kit-2.html
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #6
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

Are all of your new 315 wheels on the oem Moab rims? Or did you just buy 4 new 315 tires and have the spare the oem? Fwiw... The manufacturer of most 315/70-17 tires recommends a rim size of 8.5 to 10 inches. The oem Moab rim is only 7.5 wide. Can you get away with it? Sure, probably. Would you want to go too terribly far into the sticks aired down to 10-16 psi?

That's quite a bit of play on a small rim.
It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.