~$3000 Upgrades - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > ~$3000 Upgrades

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 08-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
NWAHog11
2010 JK Wrangler 

~$3000 Upgrades

Just bought a 2010 JKUR and am wondering what would be the first upgrades people put on their jeeps that would cost me around $3000. I've thought about wheels, tires, and a lift that would run me around $3300

5 tires - 1250
5 rims - 1100
2.5 " lift - 950

Anybody got any other ideas, maybe some KC headlights, or a new grill or bumper, or winch? Maybe some steps on the side? This is pretty open for all opinions. Please dont roast me too hard on being a newb. TIA

NWAHog11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAHog11 View Post
Just bought a 2010 JKUR and am wondering what would be the first upgrades people put on their jeeps that would cost me around $3000. I've thought about wheels, tires, and a lift that would run me around $3300

5 tires - 1250
5 rims - 1100
2.5 " lift - 950

Anybody got any other ideas, maybe some KC headlights, or a new grill or bumper, or winch? Maybe some steps on the side? This is pretty open for all opinions. Please dont roast me too hard on being a newb. TIA
What is your plan....rock crawling? dirt roads and moderate trails? Mall crawling? Tell us about your experience and goals.

What tires and wheels are you considering? You should be able to do 17"s with tires for $1800~, and 15"s with tires for $1400-1500~.....Hit up your local Discount Tire, and contact their online vendor here through the forums.

A good OME 2" lift with JKS track bars will run $950~....with 15"s and 33x12.5x15 running $1400, you might be able to squeeze in a front bumper and start saving for a winch...or use that money for some Trucklight headlights and save up for a great bumper and winch combo......just some ideas, but again tell us about what your plan is.
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
NWAHog11
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVCapo View Post
What is your plan....rock crawling? dirt roads and moderate trails? Mall crawling? Tell us about your experience and goals.

What tires and wheels are you considering? You should be able to do 17"s with tires for $1800~, and 15"s with tires for $1400-1500~.....Hit up your local Discount Tire, and contact their online vendor here through the forums.

A good OME 2" lift with JKS track bars will run $950~....with 15"s and 33x12.5x15 running $1400, you might be able to squeeze in a front bumper and start saving for a winch...or use that money for some Trucklight headlights and save up for a great bumper and winch combo......just some ideas, but again tell us about what your plan is.
Great question. Mostly trails/camping with some mudding involved. In arkansas, there arent too many rock crawling areas. I had a truck for several years that I went mudding in a lot but hated the way the back end just whipped around. At some point, I'd like to take her to CO and Utah to really try out some nice trails. But that'll have to be next summer at the earliest.

I like the bumper/winch combo. For tires, I was looking at 26570/17 fierce attitude M/T's and some KMC XD Monster rims.
NWAHog11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #4
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Great question. Mostly trails/camping with some mudding involved. In arkansas, there arent too many rock crawling areas. I had a truck for several years that I went mudding in a lot but hated the way the back end just whipped around. At some point, I'd like to take her to CO and Utah to really try out some nice trails. But that'll have to be next summer at the earliest.

I like the bumper/winch combo. For tires, I was looking at 26570/17 fierce attitude M/T's and some KMC XD Monster rims.
I actually like the Fierce Attitude....they were a finalist for me last time I got tires (I ended up with the Dick Cepek FC II, which I love. If I were you, I'd consider a 285-70-17 with a 2" lift....perfect balance there (lift wont overpower the tire size...and still have good gas mileage). As to the lift....since you aren't going crazy (good idea)....look into something simple like a Teraflex budget boost, or the OME 2" lift.....both come in under what you budget above and are very capable kits that you can add to or upgrade as you need.
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

doesnt or didnt super lift have an offroad park in arkansas. i know there are some other rock crawling parks. kansas rocks and recreation parks is a good place. if you live in souther arkansas then im sorry for ya..its pretty flat
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #6
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'd forego the rims for now, get spacers to accommodate the new tires, and spend the $1000 you just saved on the bumpers and lights you want.
Unread 08-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #7
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Maybe we can help...

Wheels and tires is a okay starting point. More so if you need new tires. Also, like Spank said, if you like you wheels now (should be a 17") you can forego the new wheels and put that toward something else. I would also forego the spacer or budget boost type lifts. They reuse the stock coils and will not hold up to added weight over time. Once you add bumpers, winch, carrier, etc. then you will be back to lift shopping. I say do it right the first time and it will be cheaper in the long run!

If we can help, feel free to PM, email, or call us at anytime!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.