30 day Unlimited Rubicon build... - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 30 day Unlimited Rubicon build...

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 06-18-2008, 05:20 PM   #91
LHS-Cowboy
DETN8R

2008 JK Wrangler 

It is best to somehow get the wife into it, then she will let you spend more. Mine had to help pick out the exterior parts and approve the aesthetics. We have the same tastes!

Installed:
R.E. Modified 3.5 Super Flex Kit to 4+/Ft. & Rr. U-joint driveshafts/Full Traction Rear Adj. Trackbar/Custom Ft. Heim Joint Adj. Trackbar/Rancho 9000XL shocks/Yukon 4.88 Gears & Superior Rear Axle Shafts/37" Pitt Bull Rockers on Custom Allied Beadlocks/Poly Perf. Rock Sliders/Shrockworks Mid Ft. & Rear Bumper/Custom Trans. Crossmember and Skid/Custom High Steer with PSC Hydro Assist/Plumbed Warn PowerPlant HP/Cobra 75 WS XT C.B./Bully Dog Programmer/Custom Exhaust/Dual Optimas/48" X-treme Hi-Lift Jack on Custom Rear Swing Away Carrier/...

____oooo
[ l_,[____],
l---L -[
OlllllllO]
( )_) ( )_)--)_)
LHS-Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2008, 06:55 PM   #92
vwjarhead
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS-Cowboy View Post
It is best to somehow get the wife into it, then she will let you spend more. Mine had to help pick out the exterior parts and approve the aesthetics. We have the same tastes!
Next time Im marrying your wife cause mines not into ANYTHING I'm into. Hell, she doesn't even like me!
Unread 06-20-2008, 08:26 AM   #93
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Bricktop, or anyone else with the AEV front bumper. How dopey is it going to look minus the screen? It finally arrived yesterday, later than expected (quadratec seems to be slow with stuff that requires drop shipment, I noticed this with my RE driveshafts.), and when it arrived it was missing the screen! The one part i needed to have to take to the paint shop for them to do with the hood, it was missing!

The shop called Quadratec and AEV and it might take up to a week to get me out a new one (I'll be calling a bit later to attempt to speed this up, as I shouldn't have to wait since it wasn't in the box).

So, aside from wanting to know how it'll look without the screen in there, will I have to completely remove the bumper to install the screen whenever it finally does arrive? I have a feeling I might, which would seem to be a big pain in the neck.

Thanks!

Edit: Came in yesterday right after I posted the question, so off it went to get painted, hopefully they can get that done Monday so I can run it back up to the shop, if not, it's all going to be finished on Tuesday and hopefully I can get the screen mounted into the AEV bumper (and to answer my own question, no it doesn't seem like it can be put in after the fact even with no winch). Now the only thing I'm missing is my last tire! That had better show up on Monday or Tuesday! I want my Jeep back!!!!

Last edited by SaharaBlackNo1; 06-21-2008 at 09:11 AM..
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2008, 01:07 PM   #94
BRICKTOP2
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by That1guy View Post
Now how much did it cost to add half doors? It would be sweet to have both.
Sorry for the delay, missed this question. The only way to get these half doors is to build them from Mopar parts. VERY spendy. There's talk of Mopar making them a factory option but I haven't heard anything in a while.

There are tons of companies making aftermarket doors though. Warrior Products makes a really cool tube half door.

JK Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/3...-build-545214/
TJ Tub Trailerhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/...tj-tub-568873/
BRICKTOP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2008, 11:18 AM   #95
XtrailratedJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

The rescue green diff covers completely top it off. That gonna hurt the first rock you drag it over through...

Originally Posted by Durt_Diver:
Those pics might be a little too flexy for this thread. You don't happen to have any pics of your friends xj on a curb by chance?
XtrailratedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2008, 11:22 AM   #96
BRICKTOP2

2008 JK Wrangler 

Another late entry but here's the Rescue Green diff covers installed:

img00182.jpg

img00183.jpg

img00181.jpg

Unread 06-26-2008, 10:11 PM   #97
YetiTJ
2007 JK Wrangler 

I am so in love with your Jeep. I only have one question... Will it marry me?
Unread 06-26-2008, 10:34 PM   #98
tazman
2007 JK Wrangler 

here is mine
beachjeep.jpg  
tazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2008, 12:11 PM   #99
cyberpunk
2007 JK Wrangler 

As a new Rescue Green Sahara owner I gotta say this is a pimp thread. I'm going to try to get some of these mods done, but the AEV stuff is too pricey at this time for me.

One question.

I've always like the Brushed Steel look on everything, (my house has satin nickel throughout) and I was wondering what everyone thought about replacing all the hinges and hood gear with the brushed aluminum stuff. Would that look gay? They look good online, but I'd hate to install them and hate it. Right now I'm completely stock and am looking for some cosmetic upgrades to srart. I'm getting the Rugged Ridge stubby bumber with prerunner for sure, then a winch, but what do you think about the little stuff?

Also, Bricktop, what size of IPF lights do you have on your windshield mounts, I want those exact ones. Thanks.

Crap, one more question. How are you getting all this painted to match, is it cuz you work at a dealer or could I go to any automotive painting place and have them get the Rescue Green in?

Last edited by cyberpunk; 08-16-2008 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: .
cyberpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2008, 12:35 PM   #100
BRICKTOP2

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunk View Post
As a new Rescue Green Sahara owner I gotta say this is a pimp thread. I'm going to try to get some of these mods done, but the AEV stuff is too pricey at this time for me.

One question.

I've always like the Brushed Steel look on everything, (my house has satin nickel throughout) and I was wondering what everyone thought about replacing all the hinges and hood gear with the brushed aluminum stuff. Would that look gay? They look good online, but I'd hate to install them and hate it. Right now I'm completely stock and am looking for some cosmetic upgrades to srart. I'm getting the Rugged Ridge stubby bumber with prerunner for sure, then a winch, but what do you think about the little stuff?

Also, Bricktop, what size of IPF lights do you have on your windshield mounts, I want those exact ones. Thanks.

Crap, one more question. How are you getting all this painted to match, is it cuz you work at a dealer or could I go to any automotive painting place and have them get the Rescue Green in?
Thanks man! I appreciate it.

As far as the brushed steel look, I'm all for it. I kept the steel grills in my hood and bumper the original color and I love it so I think it'd probably look great. Everyone seems to be doing the blacked out look (which looks awesome) so brushed steel will be fairly unique. I like the idea.

The IPF lights on the windshield are 4.75" model # S6314 with grills. They are actually designed for RVs or ATVs apparently but I thought the size worked well.

Color keying the items is easy for any body shop. It'll save you some dough if you do several things at once.

Congrats on your new Jeep man!

Unread 08-16-2008, 01:02 PM   #101
Kes
2008 JK Wrangler 

Completely awesome.
Kes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2008, 03:30 PM   #102
BRICKTOP2

2008 JK Wrangler 

hood lock

Installing the Mopar hood lock today. Kinda spendy, but it's a lot less than my hood or my battery.

hood-lock.jpg

On an unrelated note, here's a pic I took a couple weeks ago on the dunes:

dunes.jpg

Unread 08-16-2008, 03:35 PM   #103
That1guy
2007 WK 

You need to get a fully flexed pic. I'd like to see how that lift does. If its not a big deal.
Unread 08-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #104
BRICKTOP2

2008 JK Wrangler 

Will do. I would have had a bunch but I forgot my cam damera last trip. I'm heading out next weekend so I'll post up some pics.

Unread 08-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #105
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Let us know how the hood lock does. Apparently most of them are easily gotten around and not worth the money. Did you have yours keyed to match?
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.