30 day Unlimited Rubicon build... - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 30 day Unlimited Rubicon build...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 05-06-2008, 12:55 AM   #76
YetiTJ
2007 JK Wrangler 

very nice work!!! inspiring.

YetiTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2008, 08:16 AM   #77
BRICKTOP2
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrogg View Post
Be careful about that beating them up part. The weekend before last, I bumped my driver's side slider on a rock apparently just hard enough to set off the driver's side, side airbag.

Just noticed the Yellow Top Optima, mmm... ... If I find myself using the winch more often I plan to get one those.
That's the exact reason I didn't order it with side airbags. If I ever get t-boned I might regret it, but hey...what's safety for me and my passenger compared with a little off road driving convenience, right? Hey, I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed.

Did that airbag hurt? And are you replacing it? Any pics of it deployed? Sorry to get all excited about seeing something that caused you a pain in the a$$ and probably some coin, I'm just curious.

JK Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/3...-build-545214/
TJ Tub Trailerhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/...tj-tub-568873/
BRICKTOP2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2008, 08:56 AM   #78
Brucifer

more pics!

Wow that baby looks badass. I got my 4 door JK 2 weeks ago and before coming to this site never really thought about getting into mods, until now. I know for sure I want to get the half doors at least, to make going door-less alot easier when I'm away from home ( I ended up scratching the driver side door taking it out of the back of the jeep at work one day ).

Do you have any pics of the back? That bumper looks mean as hell.
Brucifer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #79
scrogg
2007 JK Wrangler 

Here's a link to the thread talking about it. There are other links within it that will take you to the RME web site.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/disabling-air-bags-while-off-road-551519/
scrogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:40 PM   #80
md41969
2008 JK Wrangler 

Stopped by and looked at this today, it is very impressive. I'm not a big rescue green fan but this looks good. Thanks again Bricktop2 for taking a break and chatting with me for so long and can't wait to have you put one together for me.
md41969 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2008, 03:35 PM   #81
JEEP97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You've got one nice Jeep, awesome setup. Looking forward to more pictures!
Unread 05-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #82
G16
2007 JK Wrangler 

Mopar Lift

Bricktop2 Thanks for all the time and effort you have put into keeping people informed as to your progress. I have a question or two if you don't mind.

First off you have had this lift a while now are you still ok with the way your Jeep handles on the highway or do you feel it needs to be re-geared?

How has your gas milage been affected?

You work for a Dealer correct? If I buy the Mopar lift from the dealer and have them install it how does this affect warranty issues?

I am considering the Mopar lift for my 07 4DR Rubicon. But based on what you mentioned about your lift parts arriving in Rubicon Express boxes, couldn't I buy this exact same lift directly from RE?

Thanks in advance.
G16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2008, 02:32 PM   #83
Woodchuck

2008 JK Wrangler 

Bricktop,

That is one nice ride. Do you have any pics of the Mopar seat cover and the floor liners. I am considering both but can't find good pics.
'08 Red Rock Unlimited Rubicon / AEV 2.75" Lift with Remote Reservoir Shocks / AEV Heat Reduction Hood / AEV Front & Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier / AEV Skidplates & Rear Corner Guards / Riddler Diff Covers / Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails / Warn 9.5ti Winch / Mopar Gas Cap Cover / 4.88 Gears / IPF 900xs Drive Beams / Eagle Eye HID Spotlights / Daniel Stern Headlights / 17" AEV Pintler Wheels with 35x12.5r17 BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's / Tuffy Security Drawer / sPod and Benchmark Dual Battery System / Cobra 75 CB / Lockpick with Front and Rear Cameras / Katzkin Heated Seats / Line-X Interior / Hitchsafe Key Vault / and a Trasharoo and a lot more little stuff or just stuff I forgot!!!

____oooo
[ l_,[____],
l---L -[OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)-o-)_)
Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2008, 01:39 PM   #84
BRICKTOP2

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G16 View Post
Bricktop2 Thanks for all the time and effort you have put into keeping people informed as to your progress. I have a question or two if you don't mind.

First off you have had this lift a while now are you still ok with the way your Jeep handles on the highway or do you feel it needs to be re-geared?

How has your gas milage been affected?

You work for a Dealer correct? If I buy the Mopar lift from the dealer and have them install it how does this affect warranty issues?

I am considering the Mopar lift for my 07 4DR Rubicon. But based on what you mentioned about your lift parts arriving in Rubicon Express boxes, couldn't I buy this exact same lift directly from RE?

Thanks in advance.
Hey,

I really don't think it needs to be regeared for every day driving. If it was an auto it might need it, but with the flexibility of 6 gears I really don't find it necessary.

Fuel consumption will have been decreased from a lot of things. The lift, the extra weight of the bumpers, winch, and gear, the tires, etc. I am now getting about 15mpg.

As far as the RE lift, you can buy it from them for less. I am not sure of warranty implications. I did it because I hope to get more covered on it if something breaks, but I can't say for sure.

Unread 06-04-2008, 08:19 PM   #85
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Bricktop,

Decided on the RE a different shop than I had the estimate for also recommended it. Here are a couple questions. New driveshafts? If so, what did you go with?

Also, as for your AEV goodies, the shop I'm having mine done at, doesn't do paint, but they'll gladly install whatever. So my question is, the grills on the AEV bumper, are they easily removed or installed after the bumper itself is on? I was thinking about having the place doing my lift, install the bumper minus the screens and have the hood and all the screens (hood and bumper) done at whatever place I end up choosing for the painting of the hood.

The Long Arm is probably overkill for my uses, but in the end it just seemed like the way to go, especially since the RE is something that Jeep dealerships will most likely be seeing in the future with the Mopar/RE kit now available. I'm hoping dealerships won't freak out with this thing on there if it's a part they actually sell.

And once again your Jeep looks great.
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2008, 08:57 PM   #86
BRICKTOP2

2008 JK Wrangler 

The Mopar kit comes with driveshafts so I didn't have to look into that.
As far as the grills on the hood, they're easy enough. A bunch of metal clips is about it. The ones in the bumper I'm not quite as sure about. I don't know if they can be pulled and replaced once the bumper is on or not. I have to call the national sales manager tomorrow about a wheeling trip so I'll ask him and get you a more definite answer.

Word of advice on the hood: They say they are "ready to paint" but they really need some attention prior to painting. Nothing major, just make sure to let the body shop know to take a close look and prep it properly. The hoods are awesome quality and the fit and finish is incredible, they just have the occasional light groove or swirl. You'll love the finished product.

If the shop does a top quality job, in this neck of the woods it would run you about $500 for the prep, paint, and install.

Make sure to post lots o pics!

Unread 06-18-2008, 12:25 AM   #87
BRICKTOP2

2008 JK Wrangler 

past 30 days but...

I know I'm past the 30 day mark, but I had to post pics of the half doors and the diff covers I'm putting on tomorrow.

img00160.jpg

img00163.jpg

Unread 06-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #88
ResQGrnRubi
2008 JK Wrangler 

Well, that did it, seeing that hood in Rescue Green convinced me I have to have one.

[COLOR="Black"][B]got lockers?[/B][/COLOR]
ResQGrnRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2008, 03:49 PM   #89
That1guy
2007 WK 

Now how much did it cost to add half doors? It would be sweet to have both.
Unread 06-18-2008, 04:25 PM   #90
vwjarhead
2008 JK Wrangler 

Wow!!!! Im Looking At My Rescue Green Sahara Unlimited Right Now And Thinking "how Much Can I Spend On Mods Without The Wife Getting Curious?" "i Wonder What I Can Get If I Sale Some Of My Guns?" And Of Course, "why The Hell Didnt I Get A Rubicon?"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.