JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   30 day Unlimited Rubicon build... (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/30-day-unlimited-rubicon-build-545214/)

BRICKTOP2 04-12-2008 01:16 PM

30 day Unlimited Rubicon build...
 
3 Attachment(s)
A lot of you gave me great advice in the "Need Help with a JK Unlimited Build" thread I posted a few weeks back. Well my Rubicon arrived yesterday and a lot of the parts are in (although the Mopar lift won't be here for about 3 weeks so it'll have to be one of the last things done). I am going to try to get good pics of each stage along with measurements of actual lift amounts front and rear so I be able to see the before, during, and after stages.

So here we go.

Day 2...
Bone stock.
Yesterday, I drove to the train depot and picked the rig up myself. The odometer read "1". I thought that was pretty cool. I drove it the 8 miles back to the dealership, drove it in to the shop, let the guys do the PDI, and I took the front tops off and drove it home. You know, I've been in the car business for 10 years, I've personally owned just shy of 70 vehicles, and I still made about 10 trips out to the garage last night to play around with the new Jeep. What a cool rig. Watching this thing change over the next 3 or 4 weeks is going to be a blast!

Here's the first few pics at the trainyard and the first few back at the house:

MiamiPaco 04-12-2008 01:22 PM

Congratulations! What a good looking Rubi you got! Let's see all future mods as you go!

BrettDez 04-12-2008 01:59 PM

Hey, congrats! Rescue Green is definately the best color!

Here's a pic of mine so you can see some mods. The River Raider Snorkel is a must in my opinion, but that's just my opinion. But I've got no lift, but you can see fire extinguisher(red straps), mopar bumper, superwinch w/ included roller fairlead, in the back is a mopar rear bumper, CB antenna, and of course my Hi-Lift Jack/Shovel mounted to the stock spare tire carrier.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9255/img0470ex0.jpg

I imagine you're going to dwarf mine, but I figured you might want to see some things on a Jeep of the same color.

Welcome to the club!!

BRICKTOP2 04-12-2008 08:12 PM

Great Looking rig Brettdez! I've always really liked that Mopar bumer. Really clean and tough looking.

BuzzHog 04-12-2008 08:50 PM

Welcome to the club Bricktop!!!

The first night I had my Jeep, I laid in bed and could not sleep.... I felt like Ralphie and his Red Rider BB Gun.... I crawled out of bed at 6 am and dropped the top and went cruising... Man, what a great feeling it is getting a new Wrangler... I've had a bunch of new cars as well, but nothing has compared to the fun and excitement the Wrangler brought... Enjoy it bro!!

scrogg 04-12-2008 09:06 PM

I am pretty stoked to see your rig come together. I've had mine a year now and the mods still continue, of course I don't as many mods done as what you had listed on your previous threads. So that means I still have another year or so to build. :2thumbsup: Good times to come.

Yeah, definitely post pics as you progress and keeping track of dimensions will be very informative as well. Are you gonna keep track of drops from added weights as well? Such as how much your front bumper drops ya, rear bumper, winch(?), and so forth? As well as actual lift heights I guess.

Looking forward to hearing about the long arm install and flexability as well. Let us know about the complexity if possible. And show us some possible flexing poses too.

Enjoy the build...
:cheers2:

tkob1060 04-14-2008 05:56 PM

why are you paying all that extra money for a Mopar Rebranded RE Lift?

BRICKTOP2 04-14-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkob1060 (Post 5087531)
why are you paying all that extra money for a Mopar Rebranded RE Lift?

Partly because I work at a Chrysler/Jeep dealership and partly because I know the odds of me getting things covered when they break are going to be better with the Mopar kit.

drmad7 04-14-2008 08:41 PM

Congrats on that seriously fast delivery! I feel kinda bad when I doubted that one dealer could get my jeep ordered and delivered in 30 days. But since I found it 60 miles away at another dealership and its sitting outside smiling at me, I don't feel so bad. I would still have 3 more weeks to wait for the ordered one. And I don't care what ANYONE says, that Rescue Green is the best color! It looks good in any weather! I look forward to watching your build. I'll live vicariously through you! I may have to take my portion of the Economic Stimulus Payment and get a lift or at least some Rubicon tires!

BRICKTOP2 04-16-2008 04:09 PM

Mopar Lift
 
Well this is just plain funny.:laugh:

I received my Mopar longarm kit today and you know what? It's not a rebadged Rubicon Express lift! No. There's nothing rebadged about it! The huge box it came in says M on it, but once you open it up you see that every actual box that holds a part still says "Rubicon Express". And you wanna know the worst part? The only part that's REALLY noticable, the SHOCK, still says Rubicon Express. Basically, if I take all the small boxes out of the big box, there is no way you could tell the difference between the two.

It just seems to me that for the extra dough, Chrysler could have at least put an "M" on the shock or something.

BrettDez 04-16-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRICKTOP2 (Post 5097309)
Well this is just plain funny.:laugh:

I received my Mopar longarm kit today and you know what? It's not a rebadged Rubicon Express lift! No. There's nothing rebadged about it! The huge box it came in says M on it, but once you open it up you see that every actual box that holds a part still says "Rubicon Express". And you wanna know the worst part? The only part that's REALLY noticable, the SHOCK, still says Rubicon Express. Basically, if I take all the small boxes out of the big box, there is no way you could tell the difference between the two.

It just seems to me that for the extra dough, Chrysler could have at least put an "M" on the shock or something.

That really sucks, I'm dissappointed to hear that. I was always planning on going with an Old Man Emu lift(eventually...) but still, another example of the new way Jeep is run... I'm just shaking my head.

Nuggetbrent 04-16-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRICKTOP2 (Post 5078285)
A lot of you gave me great advice in the "Need Help with a JK Unlimited Build" thread I posted a few weeks back. Well my Rubicon arrived yesterday and a lot of the parts are in (although the Mopar lift won't be here for about 3 weeks so it'll have to be one of the last things done). I am going to try to get good pics of each stage along with measurements of actual lift amounts front and rear so I be able to see the before, during, and after stages.

So here we go.

Day 2...
Bone stock.
Yesterday, I drove to the train depot and picked the rig up myself. The odometer read "1". I thought that was pretty cool. I drove it the 8 miles back to the dealership, drove it in to the shop, let the guys do the PDI, and I took the front tops off and drove it home. You know, I've been in the car business for 10 years, I've personally owned just shy of 70 vehicles, and I still made about 10 trips out to the garage last night to play around with the new Jeep. What a cool rig. Watching this thing change over the next 3 or 4 weeks is going to be a blast!

Here's the first few pics at the trainyard and the first few back at the house:

Attachment 47063
Attachment 47064
Attachment 47065

I LOVE IT!!!!! RG ROCKS!!!!!!


B...

BRICKTOP2 04-16-2008 09:50 PM

Day 6
 
1 Attachment(s)
Day 6...

A few days got away from me without doing anything and today's mods are pretty dull but since they're the first ones, I figured I'd mention em:

Installed MyGig today (What a cool system! I already downloaded a couple cds onto it)
Put my hitch mount cargo rack on (pic of the product below, pic on the rig coming tomorrow)
I also loaded some gear up today (Powertank CO2 in soft bag, ARB recovery gear, misc tools).

It's not much, but it already feels a lot more like MY rig than just A rig. I also gave my Jeep trailer (you can see it in the last pic above) to a buddy who is welding a steel basket onto the front of it for me, installing some flares, and fitting black diamond plating to the exterior. It should turn out pretty cool.

More to come soon...


Attachment 47364

BRICKTOP2 04-19-2008 10:23 AM

Day 9
 
Day 9...

Time is really getting away from me. I should still be able to get it done in 30, but the first third of the time has been almost entirely wasted being busy with other garbage.
Yesterday I installed the Mopar subwoofer. The amplifier mounts under the steering column and the sub box has these 2 cool little hooks that latch onto the bottom of the rear seat back. So basically you just unlatch the rear seatback, push the box up against the back of the seat, and lock the seat back. It holds the box in place so it isn't moving all over when you are offroad. When you want to remove it for space, just disconnect one little plug, fold the seat forward a few inches, and lift it out.
The sound is way better than it was and it looks cool. I am actually not going to do the Mopar (Kicker) factory speaker replacements now. With the sub the sound is as good as I need it to be so I'm going to save the dough for something else.

ps. I really am taking pics these mods, I am just too dim to be able to get them from the camera to the computer so I have to wait for my wife to do it for me. It will be up by the end of the weekend for sure.

Curtis Doran 04-19-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRICKTOP2 (Post 5108800)

ps. I really am taking pics these mods, I am just too dim to be able to get them from the camera to the computer so I have to wait for my wife to do it for me. It will be up by the end of the weekend for sure.

Dude...you can't get pics from a camera to the computer? That's a copout if I ever saw one! I think your man card should be suspended until you figure it out! :nono:


The time now is 02:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.