3 trips to dealer later "NPF" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 3 trips to dealer later "NPF"

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 03-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
RSVBill
2009 JK Wrangler 

3 trips to dealer later "NPF"

SO since day one with my 2009 JK 2dr X during take off vehicle would pop out of 1st gear..... 1500 miles later decided nope it is not me. dealer #1 NPF , gulp here we go.

Dealer trip #2 as my wife is pulling in the service center yep you guessed it bam out she goes , 3 service consultants looking on . 200 miles later NPF WTF!! , I am not a happy camper. They actually told my wife , even though they heard the noise and it scared the **** out of everyone in front of here it is fine and never happened to them.

Dealer trip #3 can you guess... NPF I am ready to choke the the crap out of these guys, it is not comething that happens all the time or even in a pattern but , still I am the Idiot in their eyes.....

to answer your questions no I can't go to another dealer Jeep closed all but 2 50 miles apart and I am on call 24/7 with work so i can't go with otu a vehicle but Chrysler/jeep not concerned not their problem. No loaner help drop the Jeep off only. :-(

I wish they would take notes from Lexus

RSVBill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
oderalxjlaredo
2000 XJ Cherokee 

That sucks man. I would call the service manager, and if that doesn't get you anywhere, find out who the regional guy in charge is.
Unread 03-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #3
kudah

Tell them to look for TSB's. There is a TSB for manual transmissions in the '07 - '10 Wrangler, Nitro and Liberty for popping out of first gear. It was just published in the beginning of March. It actually says on the TSB that the condition may be hard to diagnose.
They should replace the 1-2 synchro if it is not caused by the inner shift boot. If they still refuse to help, then call the Chrysler 800 number and get them involved.
Unread 03-13-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

On Jeep's website, click on the section for owners. Put in your vin number. From there you do a couple of clicks to customer service where you get a 1-800 number. Call it and open a case number. That's what I did for my brake failure. They called the dealer and told them what was wrong. Problem solved. I had been to the dealer three times all of which they told me the usual "can't reproduce problem".
Unread 03-14-2010, 03:19 AM   #5
richnev
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
On Jeep's website, click on the section for owners. Put in your vin number. From there you do a couple of clicks to customer service where you get a 1-800 number. Call it and open a case number. That's what I did for my brake failure. They called the dealer and told them what was wrong. Problem solved. I had been to the dealer three times all of which they told me the usual "can't reproduce problem".

Not to hijack but Prot did you finally get your Jeep fixed that is awesome! and to the OP keep us informed about the progress

ARMY TEAM MEMBER #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2 View Post
I just make a BOOP BEEP sound with my mouth (really loud) as I walk away from the jeep, and point the key at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by her94yj View Post
lets put it a way a kids will relate......its like a hooker.......... SURE a 15 dollar handy from a detroit toothless 60 year old can get it done....... but NO where is it as nice as the $5000 an hour goddess from vegas or hollywood

....... dont be that fat guy on the beach in the speedo you dont want to be "that guy"
richnev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #6
rentalguy1

TSB says they HAVE TO replace the synchronizer if the shift boot is not the problem. DOn't let them pull this crap on you...
rentalguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2010, 06:22 PM   #7
Little Green
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

Jusr went through this on Friday. They said the TSB was cancelled. They won't drive it so there is no way to replicate. I sat in there and tried to talk to these guys to no avail. It's so frustrating as they just don't seem to care

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.