3 mods in 3 days (Rockhard/AEV for JK) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 3 mods in 3 days (Rockhard/AEV for JK)

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-30-2008, 02:49 PM   #1
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

3 mods (Rockhard/AEV for JK) **UPDATED**

I've been kinda delayed in getting to the first two of the three mods, but finally dropped the jeep off today. I'll pick it up tomorrow, and the Rockhard Sport Cage (with the extra top bars for the JK 4 door) will be installed, and the lenses will be tinted. Then on Friday I drive down to meet up with Bricktop2 and have the AEV heat reduction hood installed at his dealership.

I'll post pics tomorrow of the cage and lenses installed, but here are a few preliminary ones.

Last edited by ge2; 05-01-2008 at 06:46 PM..
ge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 03:00 PM   #2
wrnglrguy
2008 JK Wrangler 

Guess I'm retarded. Why are your lights removed? I like that cage by the way. I've been considering one down the road. How much are they, and, are you going to paint it?

Oh, by the way, I am jealous of the hood. Those things are SWEET!
wrnglrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

The lights are all removed to get tinted. I'm leaving the reverse bulb area white, but tinting the red and amber.

The cage actually is painted. It came as raw steel. I had it painted white to go along with the other interior mods.
Unread 04-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #4
richnev
2012 JK Wrangler 

he is getting them tinted

ARMY TEAM MEMBER #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2 View Post
I just make a BOOP BEEP sound with my mouth (really loud) as I walk away from the jeep, and point the key at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by her94yj View Post
lets put it a way a kids will relate......its like a hooker.......... SURE a 15 dollar handy from a detroit toothless 60 year old can get it done....... but NO where is it as nice as the $5000 an hour goddess from vegas or hollywood

....... dont be that fat guy on the beach in the speedo you dont want to be "that guy"
richnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 03:14 PM   #5
wrnglrguy
2008 JK Wrangler 

My bad. Definitely want to see pics after all is complete. Congrats on the mods.
wrnglrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 03:25 PM   #6
BRICKTOP2
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr

2008 JK Wrangler 

good thing...

That cage is awesome and I can't wait to see what those tinted lenses look like!

It's a good thing you live almost 3 hours away from me. If you lived any closer I get the feeling we'd drive each other to bankruptcy with our Jeeps. Awesome rig man.

JK Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/3...-build-545214/
TJ Tub Trailerhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/...tj-tub-568873/
BRICKTOP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 05:05 PM   #7
N2rock
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

the cage is going to look so awesome. Ever since I saw the website of that cage, I've been dying to have one. Eventually I will- just need to deal with other expenses before.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 05:07 PM   #8
RAZORBILL
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKTOP2 View Post
That cage is awesome and I can't wait to see what those tinted lenses look like!

It's a good thing you live almost 3 hours away from me. If you lived any closer I get the feeling we'd drive each other to bankruptcy with our Jeeps. Awesome rig man.

People are already starting to talk...
Unread 04-30-2008, 05:23 PM   #9
BRICKTOP2
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr

2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey Ursandal

Hey ursandal,

How do you like those Bridger wheels? They look really similar to the Pintlers. Do you know what the diff is?

JK Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/3...-build-545214/
TJ Tub Trailerhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/...tj-tub-568873/
BRICKTOP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 05:33 PM   #10
RAZORBILL
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey ursandal,

How do you like those Bridger wheels? They look really similar to the Pintlers. Do you know what the diff is?
I love 'em. They got the ultimate test this past winter with road salt/sand/rocks and came out with out a scratch. The finish is outstanding and tough.

The biggest reason I got them was I wanted a 16" wheel and the Pintlers don't offer that. They are pretty similar, I think the Bridgers are just a little more rounded off on the spokes.

That rig you're building looks great, I'm sure you can't wait to get it all done. Have I won the drawing contest yet??
Unread 04-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #11
Woodchuck

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey ursandal,

The Bridgers spokes go flush with the rim...om the Pintlers the spoke go almost to the edge of the rim then push back in towards the center of the wheel. It is a very slight difference, yet one I personally find quite appealling.
'08 Red Rock Unlimited Rubicon / AEV 2.75" Lift with Remote Reservoir Shocks / AEV Heat Reduction Hood / AEV Front & Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier / AEV Skidplates & Rear Corner Guards / Riddler Diff Covers / Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails / Warn 9.5ti Winch / Mopar Gas Cap Cover / 4.88 Gears / IPF 900xs Drive Beams / Eagle Eye HID Spotlights / Daniel Stern Headlights / 17" AEV Pintler Wheels with 35x12.5r17 BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's / Tuffy Security Drawer / sPod and Benchmark Dual Battery System / Cobra 75 CB / Lockpick with Front and Rear Cameras / Katzkin Heated Seats / Line-X Interior / Hitchsafe Key Vault / and a Trasharoo and a lot more little stuff or just stuff I forgot!!!

____oooo
[ l_,[____],
l---L -[OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)-o-)_)
Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 06:46 PM   #12
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

And here we go. Tinted corners, directionals and tails, and the Rockhard sport cage installed. TOTALLY digging it.

Unread 05-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #13
BiGEN
2007 JK Wrangler 

that looks nice... u plan on painting it?

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
BiGEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 07:19 PM   #14
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

That is painted. It came as raw steel. I had it media blasted, then painted white to go with the rest of the white interior accents.
Unread 05-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #15
OhanaTrails

Looking really good! BTW nice rims

Stock Jeepney
OhanaTrails is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.