3" Lift Recommendation Requested - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > 3" Lift Recommendation Requested

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
hypractv
2008 JK Wrangler 

3" Lift Recommendation Requested

I've been searching and reading for a couple of weeks on lifts. The time is near for an order to go in, however, I am having a very difficult time deciding which manufacturer to go with.

I am going with 35"s for my build. I have researched many of the manufacturers to review what they offer and my head is spinning!

So many choices, however, who has the better product... While I am trying to stay within a respectable budget, I understand that a quality lift is going run around $1300 or so . My requirements for this lift are as follows:
  • Must fit 35s (a given)
  • Solid Parts designed to see action!
  • Ride Quality - This rig is my DD so I would like to retain a respectable on road ride quality!
  • Customer Service from the manufacturer
Most if not all of the 3" to 3.5" systems include new springs and so on. As you go down the list the upper echelon lifts include adjustable this and adjustable that. I am NOT wanting to do a budget boost, I am looking to build my rig right from the start without going to far overboard.

I pose 2 questions to the community:

What are the recommended MUST HAVE parts that I should look for in a lift or considering adding on? i.e. Adjustable Track Bars, Adjustable Control Arms vs. Cam Bolts, Steering addons, etc.

Can anyone provide feedback on the following lifts:

TeraFlex 3" Suspension System w/Full FlexArm System (Added this to the list b/c of the excellent feedback)
Full Traction - 3" "Premium" System
Rusty's Offroad 3.25" Basic Kit
AEV / Nth Degree 3.5" Premium Suspension System with Bilstein Shocks
Rubicon Express - JK 3.5" STANDARD KIT / JK 3.5" SUPER-FLEX KIT

As always, THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Last edited by hypractv; 08-24-2009 at 12:54 PM..
hypractv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2009, 09:20 AM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

My opinion, based on my ride, consider the OME spring lift and shocks and add on track bars (not brackets) and adj control arms to adj caster and rear pinion angle - I have never looked back and ride is incredible on/off road. 2.5" HD kit gave me over 3" with loaded bumper. Let the opinions begin....
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
chickenhawk7
2007 JK Wrangler 

Rocky is right. You are going to get multiple opinions swearing by their lift. I just put on the AEV 3.5" premium lift and one of the reasons I chose this was I wanted to keep the on road ride as good as possible. I am also going to be switching to 35s soon. So far, I really like the lift and the ride on road is very good.

The RE lift is suppose to be real good too. I looked at RE, AEV and Poly Performance. My 1st choice was Poly, but I decided I didn't want to spend that much money.
chickenhawk7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
nwjkrubi
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypractv View Post
I've been searching and reading for a couple of weeks on lifts. The time is near for an order to go in, however, I am having a very difficult time deciding which manufacturer to go with.

I am going with 35"s for my build. I have researched many of the manufacturers to review what they offer and my head is spinning!

So many choices, however, who has the better product... While I am trying to stay within a respectable budget, I understand that a quality lift is going run around $1300 or so . My requirements for this lift are as follows:
  • Must fit 35s (a given)
  • Solid Parts designed to see action!
  • Ride Quality - This rig is my DD so I would like to retain a respectable on road ride quality!
  • Customer Service from the manufacturer

Most if not all of the 3" to 3.5" systems include new springs and so on. As you go down the list the upper echelon lifts include adjustable this and adjustable that. I am NOT wanting to do a budget boost, I am looking to build my rig right from the start without going to far overboard.

I pose 2 questions to the community:

What are the recommended MUST HAVE parts that I should look for in a lift or considering adding on? i.e. Adjustable Track Bars, Adjustable Control Arms vs. Cam Bolts, Steering addons, etc.

Can anyone provide feedback on the following lifts:

Full Traction - 3" "Premium" System
Rusty's Offroad 3.25" Basic Kit
AEV / Nth Degree 3.5" Premium Suspension System with Bilstein Shocks
Rubicon Express - JK 3.5" STANDARD KIT / JK 3.5" SUPER-FLEX KIT

As always, THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Teraflex is a quality setup. I have this one and personally think it is great. I have heard very little good about the Rubicon Express. Make sure you are replacing control arms whichever way you are going so that you can get your steering geometry correct.
nwjkrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #5
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Poly Performance makes good stuff. Stay away from Black Diamond. Black Diamond is cheap for a reason. It's crap. I initially had a Black Diamond lift. It was a complete waste of money and caused me a great deal of aggravation. It also caused me unnecessary tire wear.
Unread 08-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #6
neXgen
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwjkrubi View Post
Teraflex is a quality setup. I have this one and personally think it is great. I have heard very little good about the Rubicon Express. Make sure you are replacing control arms whichever way you are going so that you can get your steering geometry correct.
X2 ... 3" teraflex with flex arms, as my DD the rides is very nice. although it's not on you list
Unread 08-24-2009, 12:52 PM   #7
hypractv
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neXgen View Post
X2 ... 3" teraflex with flex arms, as my DD the rides is very nice. although it's not on you list
Given all the feedback and a call to TeraFlex, this lift is quickly making it's way to #1.

Unread 08-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #8
91jpwrangler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

bds is a great lift kit it handles nice on and offroad
91jpwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.